Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Solo gearing options for a wizard? (/forums/showthread.php?t=414137)

Garnaak 03-03-2023 01:56 PM

Looking at the magelo, you are geared very well for a non-raid-guilded character. You could possibly start swapping int for raw mana items to maximize, maybe hp items (if you are taking hits while quadding)

Some suggestions to give examples: Golden Chitin Bracer for Supple Scale Armband, Ice Silk Legs for Tanned Iksar Hide, GBS for Drachnid Thyxl

Appear to be doing quite well to me, don't see any issues here.

This server is so old, with so many people that have many 60 lvl toons, you see lots of lower level characters who have been able to loot HoT/NToV/Other loots well before those characters could help with the actual content. Don't compare your character to those ones.

Toxigen 03-03-2023 02:15 PM

Skyshrine MQs, blue velium wrists, hiero cloak, choker of the wretched, orb of the infinite void, fancy velvet mantle

edit: wtf? I just noticed you have a spiked seahorse belt...on a wiz...why?

Balimon 03-03-2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3583548)
Skyshrine MQs, blue velium wrists, hiero cloak, choker of the wretched, orb of the infinite void, fancy velvet mantle

What would you suggest instead? Just curious

Toxigen 03-03-2023 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balimon (Post 3583580)

Something that isn't worth 20k+ because of haste that a wiz gets 0 value from.

Would literally take a braided cinch cord use the plat for other slots.

Crede 03-03-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3583586)
Something that isn't worth 20k+ because of haste that a wiz gets 0 value from.

Would literally take a braided cinch cord use the plat for other slots.

Not gonna lie seahorse belt is prob easier to get than braided cord if ya have a 60 enc lol

DeathsSilkyMist 03-03-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3583548)

Stat-wise seahorse belt is one of the better dropoable belts out there, so it's not a bad choice on any character if you can afford it. But I agree if you need money that would be one of the first items to sell hehe.

Ripqozko 03-03-2023 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3583669)
Stat-wise seahorse belt is one of the better dropoable belts out there, so it's not a bad choice on any character if you can afford it. But I agree if you need money that would be one of the first items to sell hehe.

Sell it and buy schw and a peacebringer -DSM

ithaqua 03-03-2023 09:28 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Oakleaf_Girdle maybe, no idea how rare it is in the tunnel. Not terribly rare in PoG in my experience
Some upgrades from fe`dhars/cubes in skyshrine also that would be in reach, rare drops with deep loot tables though and on dragon faction

Vaarsuvius 03-04-2023 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balimon (Post 3583580)

Brell's Girdle
Oakleaf Girdle
Girdle of Rapidity
Bone-Clasped Girdle?

Absinthium 07-03-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadkins (Post 3575228)
I am playing what I want to play (wizard). I just wish being a wizard didn't also mean "you won't get to see Mistmoore until you can solo it at level 60".

I grouped in MM till level 40, and another wizard I know was in there till like 43