Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Whats the correct amount of tipping for druids? (/forums/showthread.php?t=404021)

graggis 06-25-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squier (Post 3474337)
If you're a youngin (lvl 1-20) with no plat will typically be free of charge.

I had a DaPer throw a fit when I had nothing substantial to give him for porting our bare newbie group of level 12s lol

Squier 06-25-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graggis (Post 3474341)
I had a DaPer throw a fit when I had nothing substantial to give him for porting our bare newbie group of level 12s lol

I do sometimes hear stories like that, sometimes people think people have a lot of plat when asking for a port without some kind of fact checking (most are too lazy to check) and will react like you are a lvl 60 God with legacy items, full of gems, and a bajillion plat to top it off.

Flowe 06-25-2022 04:54 PM

I tip rounded my lvl in 5s. So if I am 55 I tip 55pp. But when I port with my druid. CR are free. And except any tip. I know some not as rich as others in the game. Mnks do gems mostly. Had armor trade for a port too. So like I said. Not about greed to me. Just want to help folks out. Hit me up on Blue Morfeis. But playing my Necro Tinadar

DallasNChains 06-29-2022 05:46 PM

1 plat / level minimum is the usual expectation for DaP Druids. At least, as I understand it.

I'm not a DaP Druid, though. So I tend to ignore port requests unless a guildie needs one or if I'm being offered something for my time.

Though, I do sometimes port people for free if I happen to be 'on the go' or along the way (like if I'm headed to that given zone, anyway). Or if its clear that somebody is on a mean corpse run. I similarly didn't charge anything in a 'crisis' scenario... like that recent 'Oggok Exodus' we all had recently. ;P