Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Don't split Green 2.0 (/forums/showthread.php?t=411221)

Swish 11-28-2022 03:21 AM

Bro that was my wasp!

https://i.imgur.com/IVNETg4.jpg

Coridan 11-28-2022 07:44 AM

Even on Green 1.0 though the split didn't happen until a couple weeks in, when we were already beyond the 200 people in Nektulos forest phase. All the split did was make places like Highhold and Steamfont empty so everyone could get groups in CB and Befallen.

Jimjam 11-28-2022 10:35 AM

I gave up on green/teal cos there was never any xp group on highpass orcs or gnolls.

Honestly, this was one of my biggest excitements for the new server - no raid scene so this classic experience of keeping the fortress safe from invading evil monsters would finally be relivable without some dorky level 50 mage breaking the illusion of spirited adventure. Yet it just didn't happen

Bah, humbug!

Coridan 11-28-2022 03:35 PM

What made me really sad was they didn't do the Bloody Kithicor event. I was a guild master at the time and I remember all the good aligned guilds being invited to Highpass Keep and meeting Firiona Vie and other named NPCs, and there being stuff for people of all levels. With Kithicor being the big event for the 40+, HH Pass for the mid levels and WC for the lower levels

Chortles Snortles 11-28-2022 03:36 PM

def remember group lvling in HH on live well into kunark

magnetaress 11-28-2022 04:59 PM

Multidweebs

Encroaching Death 11-28-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles (Post 3538524)
def remember group lvling in HH on live well into kunark

I remember leveling there in Velious

Ooloo 11-28-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coridan (Post 3538521)
What made me really sad was they didn't do the Bloody Kithicor event. I was a guild master at the time and I remember all the good aligned guilds being invited to Highpass Keep and meeting Firiona Vie and other named NPCs, and there being stuff for people of all levels. With Kithicor being the big event for the 40+, HH Pass for the mid levels and WC for the lower levels

I seem to remember there also being some kind of gm event leading up to the original release of kunark, where FV was actually kidnapped and thus the whole storyline\impetus for kunark was begun. There's a reason the zone firiona vie is called that and has a huge statue of her.

Sadly like so many gm events, it was probably slightly different on each server and so there isn't any easy way to implement those types of things here that would please everyone.

Ravager 11-28-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3538372)
I gave up on green/teal cos there was never any xp group on highpass orcs or gnolls.

Honestly, this was one of my biggest excitements for the new server - no raid scene so this classic experience of keeping the fortress safe from invading evil monsters would finally be relivable without some dorky level 50 mage breaking the illusion of spirited adventure. Yet it just didn't happen

Bah, humbug!

That's on you if you didn't /tell levelsometeennewb "gnoll/orc group looking for more."

Jimjam 11-28-2022 07:07 PM

No one wanted to leave the handbag factory in oasis :(