Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Cheating everywhere, GMs??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=399003)

Confit 02-10-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3421860)
yall hear the new beat that dropped in blue un?

shit is so fire

It's amazing lol

Plaguu~ 02-10-2022 03:40 PM

If they ever decided to have a competitive server and a rotation server the competitive server would be fucking deader than red. Not only would there be no real competition, but also no noobs to show off your phat loots to.

End competitive EQ raiding on P99 2022.

Allishia 02-10-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaguu~ (Post 3421934)
If they ever decided to have a competitive server and a rotation server the competitive server would be fucking deader than red. Not only would there be no real competition, but also no noobs to show off your phat loots to.

LoL, I don't think you realize how crappy it would be with rotation long term. People will make splinter guilds with alts just like they did here pre velious. Rotation sounds nice with 4 or 5 guilds but when you have 20 guilds+ and new ones forming increasing the rotation time, good luck :p.

karadin 02-10-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaguu~ (Post 3421934)

Thankfully the owners of this box have said on many occasions that they do not want enforced rotations. They knew what they were doing when they made this project.

DeathsSilkyMist 02-10-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allishia (Post 3421939)
LoL, I don't think you realize how crappy it would be with rotation long term. People will make splinter guilds with alts just like they did here pre velious. Rotation sounds nice with 4 or 5 guilds but when you have 20 guilds+ and new ones forming increasing the rotation time, good luck :p.

Yeah rotations really suck. If you want instancing/rotations, play TLP, it already exists.

I am beginning to think most people on P99 who want rotations are just people who want a free TLP server. They are too cheap to pay 15 bucks a month.

I am not sure what P99 offers compared to TLP if you put instancing/rotations in. They would be very similar at that point, and honestly people would quit P99 faster too, just like TLP. You can see what rotations do to the TLP servers, people get their loot and leave.

Tunabros 02-10-2022 04:15 PM

rotations will ruin p99 tbh

it sounds good on paper but it will be a nightmare to manage

Ripqozko 02-10-2022 04:18 PM

Don’t need rotation just up frequency of drafts and y’all can compete against yourself. Server was won in 2015 no one cares, hope that helps.

Kawhi 02-10-2022 04:25 PM

I didn't read the whole thread but this 1 in 3.5 million argument is just bad math even if we don't consider all the hardware/networking issues.

There is a clear selection bias that you'd expect here. These aren't randomly selected racers from the P99 population. These people are the best racers from each guild. So trying to measure how many standard deviations you are from the population mean is pretty lol.

As an extreme example, take the 100m dash. What is the probability that a randomly picked person from the planet will run < 10 seconds? It's pretty much 0. What is the probability that the winner of the Olympics will run < 10 seconds. It's pretty much 1.

Samoht 02-10-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawhi (Post 3421960)
I didn't read the whole thread but this 1 in 3.5 million argument is just bad math even if we don't consider all the hardware/networking issues.

There is a clear selection bias that you'd expect here. These aren't randomly selected racers from the P99 population. These people are the best racers from each guild. So trying to measure how many standard deviations you are from the population mean is pretty lol.

As an extreme example, take the 100m dash. What is the probability that a randomly picked person from the planet will run < 10 seconds? It's pretty much 0. What is the probability that the winner of the Olympics will run < 10 seconds. It's pretty much 1.

I like this explanation.

fritzad1 02-10-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samoht (Post 3421961)
I like this explanation.

Obviously a bad take then