Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Everything related to Agnarr! (/forums/showthread.php?t=268471)

Swish 05-17-2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raest (Post 2524332)
From the Agnarr FAQ:

"Q: I Died But All of My Items Stayed With Me. Is This a Bug?

No, you no longer have to find your corpse in order to retrieve your items if you die. If you are level 6 or above, though, you did lose experience and you can be resurrected to restore a portion of that experience."

Curious changes indeed....

"I'm playing for nostalgia, what about you guys?"
"Yeah, nostalgia"

AzzarTheGod 05-17-2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 2523832)
No new servers allowed btw

sad but true. not without express permission, which is very unlikely to ever be granted.

Bubbles 05-17-2017 04:52 AM

Quote:

From the Agnarr FAQ:

No, you no longer have to find your corpse in order to retrieve your items if you die. If you are level 6 or above, though, you did lose experience and you can be resurrected to restore a portion of that experience."

You also don't have to re-mem spells upon death. I suggest if you go there you may want a small whip so you can self-flog yourself to counter-balance such time-saving unclassic implements.

Seeatee 05-17-2017 07:20 AM

I was really looking forward to this server but the zone changes are enough to keep me away, the commonlands, ro, oasis, and freeport all give me eyeball cancer of the utmost degree. not to mention the exp is going to be a lot faster etc etc.

dont let anyone shit you, this is NOT a classic experience, it is modern EQ that just limits what zones you can go to, now this is not necessarily a bad thing but it is a far cry from what P99 offers, even on the "true box " servers ive seen people with groups of 3 or 4 boxed mages just steam rolling shit which is also a pretty big turn off.

nhdjoseywales 05-17-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeatee (Post 2524390)
I was really looking forward to this server but the zone changes are enough to keep me away, the commonlands, ro, oasis, and freeport all give me eyeball cancer of the utmost degree. not to mention the exp is going to be a lot faster etc etc.

dont let anyone shit you, this is NOT a classic experience, it is modern EQ that just limits what zones you can go to, now this is not necessarily a bad thing but it is a far cry from what P99 offers, even on the "true box " servers ive seen people with groups of 3 or 4 boxed mages just steam rolling shit which is also a pretty big turn off.

cause p99 is totes classic. i remember absolutely everyone back on live in the day farming snare hammers and lining up to fte race a mob for a set time engangement without anyone disturbing your attempt. open world raiding back in the day was totes a snowflake safe space where you simply petitioned and waited 3 weeks to see if you got loot

Sloshed 05-17-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

From the Agnarr FAQ:

That's awesome. Free translocate to binds for melee classes.

Bubbles 05-17-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeatee (Post 2524390)

I assure you, at no point during the last thousand posts in the half dozen agnarr-related threads did *anyone* at *any* time make the claim agnarr was going to be a classic experience.

Bubbles 05-17-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloshed (Post 2524544)
That's awesome. Free translocate to binds for melee classes.

It's a solid way to punish Barbarian melee and any human who decides to start in Qeynos forever, too!

Bubbles 05-18-2017 02:05 AM

Well, both sides are pretty silly, since Agnarr would technically be 'p99 for people on live who want something closer to p99' more than something to actively replace p99.

So if the anti- crowd wants to make the argument that it doesn't belong on these forums, thats really valid. Since p99 would be a fairly dumb place to try and recruit from.

Then there are the true purists, the ones who only play p99 cuz Eqclassic.org isn't *cough* quite ready on the release date just yet. So even p99 is only classic from a certain point of view, too... if you really get down to the brass tax of it lol.

HippoNipple 05-18-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles (Post 2524958)
brass tax

that brass tax is a killer for the tuba industry