Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   SK Race Choice (/forums/showthread.php?t=420371)

PatChapp 03-06-2024 11:48 AM

Let's summarize this thread:
Op wants to know which sk race is best for solo dungeon crawling

I think the best advice would be play a class that's good at solo dungeon crawling.

DeathsSilkyMist 03-06-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by real_sauga_yoot (Post 3677585)
Saying this as a matter of fact is totally wrong. Blood Ember is not generally better than Greenmist nor is Greenmist generally better than Blood Ember for solo end-game dungeon crawling. Both are completely inconsequential in reality.

I've had a 60 SK before and i can tell you that i most often used Cascading Darkness for soloing. Engulfing Darkness is not what you want to be using for solo kills and long fights, free or not. You're using BE gauntlets more for fast paced groups where mana is an issue over time or you're trying to be efficient.

Blood Ember is indeed better than Greenmist due to the mana savings while solo dungeon crawling. I use Blood Ember Gloves while solo dungeon crawling whenever the area allows it. You also have Blood Ember Greaves and Boots for further mana saving.

Greenmist is going to be replaced by better weapons eventually, so I agree with you there.

Andyman1022 03-06-2024 12:14 PM

Doesn't matter class sucks anyways

putrid_plum 03-06-2024 03:41 PM

Any race is just as good as the other in EQ it doesn't matter in the end, pick what you want to look at as you play.

Stroboo 03-06-2024 04:18 PM

This is just my opinion.
The race exp penalties is real and it totally sucks so no Iksar, troll or Ogre
Being a large race sucks so no Troll or Ogre.
so DE, Human or Erudite
DE is best fashion in simple to get/cheap thurg armor, so my recommendation would be DE.

give your pet staff of battle or baton of faith for high dmg, have fun!

DeathsSilkyMist 03-06-2024 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putrid_plum (Post 3677611)
Any race is just as good as the other in EQ it doesn't matter in the end, pick what you want to look at as you play.

This doesn't answer OP's question. If OP only cared about fashion, they wouldn't have asked a question on the forums in the first place. They would just pick what they want to look at.

Different races have advantages/disadvantages over other races in P99, and some people like to know about them. There is no reason to assume your method of enjoyment is the same as everybody else's.

Sizar 03-06-2024 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatChapp (Post 3677589)
Let's summarize this thread:
Op wants to know which sk race is best for solo dungeon crawling

I think the best advice would be play a class that's good at solo dungeon crawling.

Are you saying SK's aren't good at solo dungeon crawling? Cause if so you are dead wrong.

Troxx 03-06-2024 09:49 PM

This thread again?

skulldudes 03-07-2024 01:58 PM

just don't pick a race for blood ember. be legs are rare and expensive as shit, the bp is garbage, and most people vendor trash the rest (only 2-3 of which are useful). i haven't seen the boots for sale in like, half a year

real_sauga_yoot 03-07-2024 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skulldudes (Post 3677706)
just don't pick a race for blood ember. be legs are rare and expensive as shit, the bp is garbage, and most people vendor trash the rest (only 2-3 of which are useful). i haven't seen the boots for sale in like, half a year

You're not missing out. The boots are absolute garbage.