Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Most gear dependent non-tank? (/forums/showthread.php?t=430750)

Snaggles 05-24-2024 08:41 PM

OP didn’t say BiS.

If those are the rules, sure, I’ll take a 30k dkp Abashi monk.

wagorf 06-04-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3685433)
A ranger with Ntov weapons, BFG, dark cloak of the sky, Earthcaller, Tolan BP, Tolan bracer is a completely different class. I’d still enjoy a basic ranger but the flexibility of a top tier one is notable. Especially with wolf form, 8dmg arrows and meme disc dps for 2mins.

Monks and warriors scale the best with top gear but they are pretty damn great with the basics too. A IFS or Peacebringer monk at 60 with a very easy epic is a solid melee for anyone.

Nope my ranger has all that and she is still shit. A basic ec gear monk with fungi can tank just as well or better. She does look good though.

Snaggles 06-04-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagorf (Post 3686877)
Nope my ranger has all that and she is still shit. A basic ec gear monk with fungi can tank just as well or better. She does look good though.

EC monk isn’t doing 100dps on Vindi with a meme weapon and making rogues justify what went wrong.

Croco 06-04-2024 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3686949)
EC monk isn’t doing 100dps on Vindi with a meme weapon and making rogues justify what went wrong.

yeah but your meme weapon isn't obtainable by most people, you could twink out an entire character for the cost of it

wagorf 06-05-2024 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3686949)

just admit you are wrong about the ranger comment cuz u dunno what ur talkin abt

Snaggles 06-05-2024 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3686983)
yeah but your meme weapon isn't obtainable by most people, you could twink out an entire character for the cost of it

Less than an AoN. I paid 60k two years ago.

If someone has a turtle belt and a CoF they could have a BFG.

Snaggles 06-05-2024 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagorf (Post 3686990)
just admit you are wrong about the ranger comment cuz u dunno what ur talkin abt

Wrong about the tanking or the dps? I’m not saying a ranger can take a hit.

Topic is what classes geared shine above their EC counterparts. OP even says “non tank”. I’d say a 100+ dps ranger classifies as a contender for that definition. Also being attainable for a casual player.

Read the first post and try again.

Naethyn 06-05-2024 12:29 PM

A near bis monk is like 5 other classes combined in dkp.

magnetaress 06-05-2024 04:15 PM

Cleric duh. Get self heal or mana proc stick. Atonement wand and pacifi clicky. Cloak of flames. Tash stick. Donals Etc etc and you can slowly butt surely kill things. It's not impressive. Butt compared to a naked Cleric. Pretty amazing.

DI Warhammer probably isn't in era butt also fantastic.

wagorf 06-06-2024 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3685433)
A ranger with Ntov weapons, BFG, dark cloak of the sky, Earthcaller, Tolan BP, Tolan bracer is a completely different class. I’d still enjoy a basic ranger but the flexibility of a top tier one is notable. Especially with wolf form, 8dmg arrows and meme disc dps for 2mins..

Those gears don't make them a completely different class, they are still shit and gimp, so you are completely wrong. The minor dps boost from raid gears don't mean shit when you still lose 50% tanking a dark blue.

Obviously you don't have a ranger in that calibur, yet you try to sound like you have the experience to share.

and wolf form...LOL