Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Third most challenging class to play SSF (/forums/showthread.php?t=427217)

Cen 01-17-2024 06:57 AM

Solo self found rangers can easily solo with a lot of sidework of making arrows, ranger bow kiting is pretty strong on the server, I think paladins are harder

cd288 01-17-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3668965)
Sure, Harmony can be faster at pulling. But bow kiting is slower, and Rangers are going to be facetanking what they aren't bow kiting. Facetanking things on a ranger means downtime recovering HP. Fear kiting saves you on recovery time and kills the mob faster than bow kiting. Both of tese make up for the slower pull.

Wurmslayer isn't better than Swarmcaller, so it isn't too relevant. Just get Swarmcaller from KC. Tantor's Tusk is nice, but very rare, and the process would be extremely slow with bow kiting. I am not sure what you would use Tantor's Tusk on anyway. You basically use bow kiting for anything you couldn't melee, like Tantor, and you would have swarmcaller for mobs that are easy enough to facetank.

Yeah I agree with this. Pulling speed isn't really relevant. We're talking about downtime in terms of how fast you can kill once you're engaged and how fast you can be 100% and ready to engage another mob once you've killed the first one. SK will generally be higher than Ranger in all of that.

magnetaress 01-18-2024 06:52 PM

Paladin is so ez you ppl r noobz

Ranger is the only correct answer it takes the most effort to actually level.

Ya'll are still thinking about epics and twinks. When this is SSF.

Paladin is the easiest naked warriors cuz of root jousting and uber heals. Also the best ssf quests and items.

Troxx 01-22-2024 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarpathEQ (Post 3669253)
I voted paladin just because the other 2 have options to kill mobs without face tanking them.

Same line of thought I had.

Rader 01-22-2024 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3670364)
Paladin is so ez you ppl r noobz

Ranger is the only correct answer it takes the most effort to actually level.

Ya'll are still thinking about epics and twinks. When this is SSF.

Paladin is the easiest naked warriors cuz of root jousting and uber heals. Also the best ssf quests and items.

root heal is nice but snare fear is nicer, and FD to boot, also endgame mobs will sometimes exhaust a paladin's mana beyond root heal mechanics and LoH greys out when overused.

htabdoolb 01-23-2024 02:04 AM

Paladin was my first character on live back in the day, and it was painful. Sure, being able to root and heal yourself is nice, but Paladin DPS is low.. very, very low. The lowest of any melee class, especially if you're having to use banded armor and weapons scrounged up solo, furthermore without any haste. It might literally be better to fight only undead and nuke them to pieces, or as close as you can get, before engaging in melee.

I remember struggling with low dps and becoming very frustrated with my original character, and that was with easy access to decent weapons and armor in EC. Without gear purchased from higher level characters..? Man, I dunno.. it would be a slog, that's for sure.

RobotGraveyard 01-26-2024 10:54 AM

Paladin for sure because it is the only of the 3 to not have a snare of any type.

Then SK I think. It's a toss up. I think the utility that the Ranger gets out weigh the tankiness with DPS.

Gustoo 01-27-2024 12:50 AM

No class is hard solo except warrior and rogue.

Monk gets easy. All hybrids have good solo tech

Probably ranger worst but still great. Because paladin can more efficiently self heal and kill dungeons.

But I'd say monk harder than hybrids because less available utility. Even tho.way easier than the war and rog

Jimjam 01-27-2024 05:38 AM

Monk have it so much easier, it is crazy. I have a 52 monk and a 51 warrior I’ve been playing recently. Neither is amazingly well geared (well the monk has epic, but that isn’t so hard) but difference is knight and fay.

Keebz 01-27-2024 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3671670)
Monk have it so much easier, it is crazy. I have a 52 monk and a 51 warrior I’ve been playing recently. Neither is amazingly well geared (well the monk has epic, but that isn’t so hard) but difference is knight and fay.

Your experience as a 52 epic monk might not be entirely relevant to an ssf discussion... Just sayin.