Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   red 2.0 classic only is the solution. (/forums/showthread.php?t=403827)

Gustoo 08-17-2022 08:26 PM

Benjamin button server would be cool.

Zoolander 08-19-2022 05:53 PM

the mainprob about kunark and velious are those huge zones.

in classic we just have westkarana and maybe everfrost. thats one of the mainreasons why classic only would be the best option so we can actually fight over mobs instead of running 20 mins around to find a victim like it was back the day on our higher pop red in 2014.

i knew only one guy at that time who was actively pvping all day long in those huge kunark zones: tune the bard with selos speed.

i lost interest rly fast when kunark hit on my wiz with jboots.

Jibartik 08-19-2022 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckle (Post 3493735)
The only real solution at this point is a server where everyone starts at Velious Level 60, and they lose a level once a week. after 10 weeks, server is locked to kunark. 10 more weeks, classic. Untill everyone is level 1, then you win. Benjamin Button Everquest Classic Server.

how could an idea so insane make so much sense

Jimjam 08-20-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolander (Post 3494816)

in classic we just have westkarana and maybe everfrost. thats one of the mainreasons why classic only would be the best option so we can actually fight over mobs instead of running 20 mins around to find a victim like it was back the day on our higher pop red in 2014.

i knew only one guy at that time who was actively pvping all day long in those huge kunark zones: tune the bard with selos speed.

Exactly. The server needs scarcity to ensure competition for resources. If there is enough space to not tread on any toes the only PVP that will happen is murderhobos.

Tradesonred 08-22-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolander (Post 3494816)

Its true that doing corpse runs in kunark is one of the most boring experiences you can have in MMOs. That did not age well at all. Not everyone has pocket rezzers.

One way to set up a classic server for expansions: Kunark would be like the sleeper. You unlock it only if we go past 700 people after a year+ of classic, Velious at 1000 or something like that.

Jimjam 08-22-2022 01:06 PM

This is why I like the Lavastorm area on red. You can bind in Neriak, a handy town full of all the supplies you need. You can 'bank' platinum in Lavastorm with combine weapons or whatever. You encounter PVP, have a fun little fight, and it's not frustrating if you end up dead because it is a short run back, and it gives a chance to restock on food / bandages/potions/arrows/new spells.

The cities in Kunark suck, or even worse you are bound in one of the 'safe' spots which have very little capacity for restock (if any). The zones are huge, making corpse runs drawn out, but are also full of random high level see invis casting sow speed mobs.

Basically an old world PvP encounter increases fun, a Kunark one decreases it. That is just my perspective, which is definitely biased as I've been playing warriors most recently on red.

Zuranthium 08-24-2022 02:55 AM

The huge zones of Kunark didn't make any negative impact for me, people go to certain priority spots, it's not like you had to wander around Dreadlands or Burning Woods randomly to find PvP. It was interesting for me when people tried to chase across long distances too. Had some really fun times in Emerald Jungle and Trakanon's Teeth, being able to lose people in the forests, but not sure if they were still pursuing. It was exciting, like actual guerilla warfare would play out, and being able to use the fantasy environment to its fullest.

I don't think it's much different than Old World anyway when you look at the Karanas, Feerroot, Innothule, L-Fay, Everfrost, OOT. You're generally closer to a town, sure, but that feeling of the untamed wilderness in Kunark is special. With proper balancing of ZEM's (and proper server population) there should be plenty of Old World PvP in Kunark era anyway.

JayDee 08-24-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolander (Post 3465062)
the smaller the world, the better the pvp.

am i rite?

Vanilla pvp is the best. only problem is the pve content gets stale fast