Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Keys should be soulbound (/forums/showthread.php?t=205596)

Grimjaw 08-09-2015 01:03 AM

while your at it, make befallen & najena keys soulbound...

... NOT

TacoSmasher 08-09-2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblade724 (Post 2002641)
Same with tower of frozen shadow -- my buddy got trolled the other day , someone brought him to 5th floor and died instantly. He spent 4 hours trying to get key just to the 3rd floor alone. Our group gave up, so he was stranded on 3rd floor and even if he got to 4th he didn't have a group to continue.

TofS keys should definitely be soulbound. It isn't a raid zone like sleepers tomb and shouldn't be so heavily punished for a lower lvl dungeon. It's easier to get your corpse back in plane of hate than tofs 3rd+ floor.

cost of a coffin and tipping a necro is unreasonably expensive am i right?

if during those 4 hours of cr your friend couldn't think of potiential alternatives to retrieve the corpse he doesnt deserve a quick recovery. also because this is everquest, he should be more aware of the risks of some adventures before running in face first and getting wrecked.

this is eq, do your due diligence or get gaped.

xblade724 08-09-2015 01:39 AM

I just remembered that the poll is invalid anyway because only trolls troll this forum instead of playing the game ;p

xblade724 08-09-2015 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacoSmasher (Post 2002648)
cost of a coffin and tipping a necro is unreasonably expensive am i right?

if during those 4 hours of cr your friend couldn't think of potiential alternatives to retrieve the corpse he doesnt deserve a quick recovery. also because this is everquest, he should be more aware of the risks of some adventures before running in face first and getting wrecked.

this is eq, do your due diligence or get gaped.

Negative -- it's called being an awkward timezone. I can /who all and actually see a complete list in Taiwan timezone. The other guy was probably Euro or something - it was 4am eastern time when it was my 4pm.

Don't forget, we're NOT a populated server. This x10 when off-primetime. Not many necros on the server to begin with, let alone people that can port that early to grab a coffin. Then even further, he's not evil. Neriak still the only place to buy them?

Just too many factors were in play that had to all exist at one time to retrieve his corpse, at 4am EST.

>>> There is no reason a 30s low 40s char should ever have to go to a lowbie dungeon and have to wait until his corpse decays to retrieve it via /petition <<<

TacoSmasher 08-09-2015 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblade724 (Post 2002665)

>>> There is no reason a 30s low 40s char should ever have to go to a lowbie dungeon and have to wait until his corpse decays to retrieve it via /petition <<<

Unless you die in an area that requires keys that are not soulbound with no means to recover your corpse.

TacoSmasher 08-09-2015 01:52 AM

Not even trying to sound like an asshole, but this is everquest. shit like getting your corpse stuck in keyed areas happens.

if i was online at the time or saw a forum post requesting help with this CR i'd be there

pharmakos 08-09-2015 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efwan (Post 2002630)
I had mine restored from plane of fear before kunark, what's your point?

prove it

Genedin 08-09-2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 2002066)
PvP resist code pdamn goog (bane landing a bit high still)

Dex/Agi stupidity needs to go for hit rate

Dont restore sleeper corpses or any at all for that matter

Bring back clickies now that resists work

Raiders gonna raid. Pvpers can at least focus on farming consumables to win fights.

Solid.

xblade724 08-09-2015 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacoSmasher (Post 2002672)
Not even trying to sound like an asshole, but this is everquest. shit like getting your corpse stuck in keyed areas happens.

if i was online at the time or saw a forum post requesting help with this CR i'd be there

http://media.makeameme.org/created/wtf-67xsk5.jpg

You are only 1/2 correct. This is EQ with 1/3000th the population. Get someone in awkward time zone, then add a few 0's to that.

So in low pop eq, on the lowest pop server, with awkward time zone, with low chance of finding necro (we're on Red, after all), low chance that he even has the damn spell, then the logistics behind getting to neriak and back, what to do if you are not evil to get a coffin if you are naked... then on top of that, the cost of 2 ports of inconceivably long runs just to get them, and the ports to get you AND a necro back, plus the combined cost of all of them: You'll be able to camp quillmane for peg cloak faster than getting your corpse back from a 15+ or 35+ dungeon.

It's just inconceivable. This is NOT live, and things ARE different here~

Go ahead, keep ruining zones for no reason. Make those level 15's quit the server when he can't get his corpse in befallen, where NO ONE goes but only wants to go there for nostalgia.

Or take one of the most entertaining zones in the game like TofS and turn deaths as punishing as a corpse in plane of sky on a different island you don't have access to, and have to REGAIN access while naked.