Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   New Human Toxx Sk (/forums/showthread.php?t=416470)

Pint 03-17-2023 03:18 AM

20 cha bc you might do trade skills one day and need a deal on those merchant materials

jolanar 03-17-2023 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pint (Post 3589997)
20 cha bc you might do trade skills one day and need a deal on those merchant materials

From an RP perspective I've always loved the idea of a Necromancer or a Shadowknight with really high Charisma that they use to their advantage to help manipulate other people.

Trelaboon 03-22-2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3589474)
I was trying not to post in every thread every day, but alas…lol.

Str = casual player
Stam = casual/semi regular raider
Intel = hardcore raider planning on socking a lot of really good gear

This would be my vote as well.

elwing 04-19-2023 08:07 AM

I didn't went full sta during creation, when I started raiding I regreted not going 20sta... But now, with some gear, I'd go full int, with Fos, sta,primal and raid gear it's almost not possible not being sta/dex capped...

Edit: also human knight of Lord Bertoxxulous.

Jimjam 04-19-2023 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolanar (Post 3590161)
From an RP perspective I've always loved the idea of a Necromancer or a Shadowknight with really high Charisma that they use to their advantage to help manipulate other people.

Obviously EQ was largely derived from Dungeons and Dragons.

I recently discovered http://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/DnD_BasicRules_2018.pdf]the basic rules of the modern version are available online free[/url]. It looks like characteristics are handled much more relevant way now than they were decades ago - making an impact in almost any decision you make (whether this is a good or bad thing for roleplayers could be argued either way).

I’d love to see a spiritual sequel to EQ that, takes inspiration from the current DND mechanics to ensure all stats are useful to some degree for all player characters.

Balimon 04-19-2023 02:29 PM

Merge agi into dex and have it actually work correctly for bows and channeling, that would fix most issues

Crede 04-19-2023 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwing (Post 3603249)
I didn't went full sta during creation, when I started raiding I regreted not going 20sta... But now, with some gear, I'd go full int, with Fos, sta,primal and raid gear it's almost not possible not being sta/dex capped...

Edit: also human knight of Lord Bertoxxulous.

I agree with this 100%. I’ve done 4 different sk builds. INT is key. Let the rest take care of themselves.

Lampolo 04-19-2023 08:47 PM

Best thing you could do is start a warrior. Unless your only interested in pickup group xp

greatdane 04-19-2023 10:17 PM

I mean, if the guy doesn't raid, warrior is probably the very worst class in the game to pick. Warrior sucks ass in any context other than maintanking content that requires defensive.

elwing 04-20-2023 03:31 AM

As a sk you can tank some, even in raids and you have way funnier roles too, training, ripping...

Now you won't be tanking many bosses...