Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   If you didn't buy Bitcoin at $40,000... (/forums/showthread.php?t=401082)

Nocht 03-31-2022 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zati (Post 3441381)
Real money is btc

We're closer to mining asteroids than the sun is to knocking out electricity on earth. Just like the internet had that Y2K nonsense you'll believe all crypto isn't safe because of outside environmental occurrences?

It takes money to hold btc and real physical asset to mine them. It isn't just sitting in a vault acquiring dust and some dude behind a printer.

Nah I just think its dumb to invest into something I can't physically hold in my hands. As others have pointed out it makes more sense to buy precious metals or even gems than it does to buy a string of robot jizz off the internet.

Gustoo 03-31-2022 01:36 AM

I was just wondering about the logic of Bitcoin vs Krugerrands if you’re trying to dodge the boogeyman. Gold is just as finite as Bitcoin and a few gold coins travel pretty well and do work without electricity..if you’re counting on collapse.

And if I’m sitting there with a jar of peanut butter and your hungry id consider the gold long
Before I consider the Bitcoin password.

I sometimes get the feeling that crypto is mostly going to end up robbing poor and middle class of yet more of their wealth.

Some couple dudes will have got in and rich and diversified in time, but everyone jumping on the train at 58k a few months ago or 40k now
I worry about.

Yeah, it could still go to 100. Never know. So far it performs roughly like the market so
I’d rather have gold.

Jibartik 03-31-2022 01:56 AM

Never went back down to the 20s.. basically has doubled in its average price in the last 2 years but in between has like quintupled a few times.

If you invested 2 years ago, then you never saw a loss during all this volatility.

Not bad.

Mblake1981 03-31-2022 02:05 AM

It is bad, especially if any evil assholes got hold of that shit and wedge it into society at large, hell even on the small scale its a threat and I am not the fucking Gov.

Jibartik 03-31-2022 02:21 AM

Oh I meant return. Yeah idk maybe the NSA invented it to control us all before they make a megachurch we all have to worship.

Gustoo 03-31-2022 11:50 AM

I'm really not a pro-gold guy that is really like, a 2008 thing right? But here is a chart for the price of gold https://www.macrotrends.net/1333/his...100-year-chart

starkind 03-31-2022 04:32 PM

I finally figured out what that guy has in his mouth.

Jimjam 03-31-2022 04:41 PM

Invest in PGS.

Patriam1066 03-31-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblake1981 (Post 3441415)
It is bad, especially if any evil assholes got hold of that shit and wedge it into society at large, hell even on the small scale its a threat and I am not the fucking Gov.

I am glad we agree on something my man. We may be driving stick together in a convoy crushing commies

zati 03-31-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocht (Post 3441390)
Nah I just think its dumb to invest into something I can't physically hold in my hands. As others have pointed out it makes more sense to buy precious metals or even gems than it does to buy a string of robot jizz off the internet.

Technically you can hold btc in your hands. You can put a cold storage wallet in a usb drive or ledger and take it with you.. Are you storing gold bars with you at all times for emergencies? If so I'd love to see how that works when shit hits the fan crossing boarders. All you need is to memorize 12 words or a 'seedphrase' to access your wallet on nearly any device. Brb accessing 100k usd worth of x coins any part of the world on any shitty smart phone via starlink.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriam1066 (Post 3441388)
You guys are all hoping to get rich. It isn’t about retirement or a hedge against inflation. Everyone younger than 40 despises work. Your grip is as weak as your constitution

I could type something with a meaningful-response but it'll automatically be rejected by old habits and clinging to old world views. Brickwalls are easy to steer around so .... Ok grandpa will suffice .