Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Video: Why Red Wood Wands Got Nerfed (#1 DPS Character Serverwide) (/forums/showthread.php?t=356098)

Arvan 04-19-2020 09:06 PM

Glad people are going to start playing everqueste again instead of just solo clicking redwands

Castle2.0 04-19-2020 09:21 PM

Theorycraft all ya want bro, I actually did it.

Quote:

Oh now we are talking solo on the same mob/level as your woodelves huh, well a bard easily can do 2,500 per tic solo or 25,000per minute.
PS. your theoryquest aint even right.. You shoulda done your math, or if your British do your maths, that's okay too. Bard at 50 aint hitting 100/hp tic per mob PBAE. level 2 + level 18 song with best instrumets in classic is 70 dmg/tic and with 66% nerf to DoTs while moving thats ~45 dmg/tic, or half of you claim, which is (~11,250) still short of what I did ;)

Also, that is assuming the bard gets 0 resists and executes perfectly.

Quote:

So you should be #1 solo clickie DPS on woodelf guards in Gfay
A wizard nuking a single mob with ice comet is over 10k damage per minute, 30k in 3 minutes.
Bard does more and it's still short.

My 25,000 projection is a conservative estimate.

How much did I actually do in 2 minutes from start of first cast to last end of last cast?

The level 38-42 guards have ~3500 hp according to wiki. Killing 8 of them was ~28,000 actual damage. That's 14,000 per minute, or 233 DPS.

Looking forward to your videos of your bard and wizard for second/third place. As it stands, I'm 1st place solo DPS and got the video to prove it ;)

Fammaden 04-19-2020 10:00 PM

The only award you win is being the most cringe individual on the p99 forum. Which is a pretty big achievement to be fair.

ChooChoo Train 04-19-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle2.0 (Post 3114617)
Theorycraft all ya want bro, I actually did it.

PS. your theoryquest aint even right.. You shoulda done your math, or if your British do your maths, that's okay too. Bard at 50 aint hitting 100/hp tic per mob PBAE. level 2 + level 18 song with best instrumets in classic is 70 dmg/tic and with 66% nerf to DoTs while moving thats ~45 dmg/tic, or half of you claim, which is (~11,250) still short of what I did ;)

Also, that is assuming the bard gets 0 resists and executes perfectly.

Bard does more and it's still short.

My 25,000 projection is a conservative estimate.

How much did I actually do in 2 minutes from start of first cast to last end of last cast?

The level 38-42 guards have ~3500 hp according to wiki. Killing 8 of them was ~28,000 actual damage. That's 14,000 per minute, or 233 DPS.

Looking forward to your videos of your bard and wizard for second/third place. As it stands, I'm 1st place solo DPS and got the video to prove it ;)

Pbaoes do full dmg and your forgetting about bards third dot at lvl 48. They very easily hit 100hp per tic. and congrats you can wand down woodelf guards that required zero skill. And your first nuke to last kill was over 2.5 mins lol

PS I’ve seen people wand more woodelves to death at once so they beat you too

Lostfaction 04-19-2020 11:08 PM

Woke up to a discord message from OP here attempting to rip off someone unaware of nerf and pricing adjustments. No respect.

Castle2.0 04-19-2020 11:10 PM

Question 1: When 1 of 25 guards resists your 48 DoT.. do you
  • A. Keep running ahead of him and retry on all 25 after 1-2 tics when it wears off the other guards?
  • B. Let him hit/bash/stun on you as you stay in range of the other 24 guards that will 1-2 round you, so you can hit them with next DoT?

Correct Answer: A

Question 2: How many times out of 10, are you going to land your 48 DoT on 25 of 25 mobs?

Correct Answer: 1-3 out of 10 if you're lucky

Question 3: How will that impact your DPS calculation?

Correct Answer: Worse than just twisting level 2 + level 18. You just don't use the 48 when swarming unless you plan to tank it - 1 mob ruins that pulse if you plan to use any other DoTs. Hence, the numbers I provided. The DoT nerf applies to PBAE DoTs - can you show otherwise? - and even if not, you'd only be 71dmg/tic if you win 500 out of 500 resist rolls. Good luck!

You're theorycrafts are ignorant and overly optimistic.

When you got video proof (bard, wiz, others, whatever), feel free to post it. I've also done more DPS (DPS you saw others do + 1, to be exact) - but this is the video proof I got.

/thread

P.S. My theoretical monk can theoretically solo a theoretical Nagafen, but alas, outside the scope of this thread

Castle2.0 04-19-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

The only award you win is being the most cringe individual on the p99 forum. Which is a pretty big achievement to be fair.
Thanks for adding to my growing list of accolades. Appreciate your opinion and award.

Quote:

Woke up to a discord message from OP here attempting to rip off someone unaware of nerf and pricing adjustments. No respect.
You received a WTS/WTT Red Wood Wands or a Red Wood Wand offer from someone for an item you were selling? Man, what a smooth talker that guy must be! That's terrible.

Imagine doing the trade and waking up the following morning and your Red Wood Wand isn't worth what you thought it was?!

If I did that, I would be like a mini-Rogean. Will I get a red name on the forums now?

Lostfaction 04-19-2020 11:24 PM

You need to forum less and look at yourself in the mirror and wonder what you are doing with you zero value add to a server. But you’re loving this attention I guess. Congrats on discouraging players from the server I bet that’s what deva were hoping for

Cen 04-19-2020 11:24 PM

Bard at 49 will do around 90 damage per tick to each mob that can be effected, as long as you swap in your lute and horn properly. I actually have a video guide on my channel on how to swarm kite, and it just so happens to be when my bard was 49 on Blue, but I won't post the video, because honestly I just don't care. ;D

The moment you said there's a 66% damage reduction on the PBAOE's for moving targets is when I honestly know there's no need to step in very hard here ;p

Castle2.0 04-20-2020 12:03 AM

I remember it being nerfed -- maybe I've played too much EQemu and not enough live/P99.

You land your 48 snare-DoT on 25 of 25 mobs pretty regularly? Or you using some other songs? level 2 + 18 aint getting you to 90 dmg.

When you say 90dmg, you mean actual or potential? Link me to your YT, maybe get a free sub.

I'm genuinely curious.