Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Miscellaneous: melee hit rate in pvp (/forums/showthread.php?t=132784)

Lime 01-19-2014 09:14 AM

+Melee hit way too hard and almost never miss
+Melee attacks are too hard to channel through.
+900+ AC and 200+ defense should mean something. Hit rate is like 95 %, should be like ~60 % on high ac target. 400 Double Backstabs on a decked out 60 warrior shouldn't be happening. Backstab should be doing minimum damage much much more on high ac targets.
+1hander damage should be mitigated much more due to armor.
+2hander damage like oggok cleaver should not hit for less than ~50 damage.
+Hitboxes are much bigger than on live
+connecting hits was harder on live, warriors pvping with dual wield is not a classic mechanic and is a result of larger hitbox + AC not working.

#Nocasterleftbehind

heartbrand 01-19-2014 10:54 AM

AC has nothing to do with avoidance. It is a stat that increases your mitigation. Also, until the two hander patch mid velious, there is no minimum two hand damage or bonus. They suck until then in almost all scenarios other than jousting.

Smedy 01-20-2014 02:24 AM

monk/rogue/warrior seem to have insane hit rate, on the sk i can barely hit anything, but i'm not 60 yet so can't speak for it really

i feel like rogues need to be toned down, those double 1000 backstabs i never saw in velious, seems strange they happening so much on kunark gear

Bazia 01-20-2014 05:22 AM

Rogues are retarded here, the melee buff implemented during classic on this server was never intended to make endgame Kunark rogues into gods.

COLGATETHEGRANDMASTER 01-20-2014 09:12 AM

melees are much stronger than they should be

nukes are also much stronger than they should be

nerf direct damage nukes and melee hit rate at the same time, and you will see much longer, more drawn out fights that are more skill based and lead to an overall much better pvp experience

Nirgon 01-20-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazia (Post 1283380)
Rogues are retarded here, the melee buff implemented during classic on this server was never intended to make endgame Kunark rogues into gods.

Eh I remember rogues blowing up people in plate too... clerics, SKs and bards at least in their respective Velious class armor.

I don't think it has as much of an impact on reducing a possible max hit as it should in making a max hit less likely.

I didn't roll a plate myself in PvP on live, only played a few twink SKs (to 50+, but still) and it had an impact especially twinked up at lower lvls but higher I remember max hits rolling in pretty steadily.

Would need Kringe/Gabuk (Kergan) input imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLGATETHEGRANDMASTER (Post 1283498)
nerf direct damage nukes and melee hit rate at the same time, and you will see much longer, more drawn out fights that are more skill based and lead to an overall much better pvp experience

Pretty much. Make things classic > nerf doe. Naked players should get butchered still.

Witness 01-21-2014 12:31 PM

does anyone else have the issue where they are hit by melee attacks 100% of the time? I literally can't remember the last time someone missed me when using melee in pvp.

Mac Dretti 01-21-2014 02:28 PM

Yes misses happen

freez 01-21-2014 04:17 PM

i wish i hit pve like i hit pvp

NotKringe 01-22-2014 05:17 AM

Nothing to see here move along.