Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   6th Year Anniversary (/forums/showthread.php?t=210959)

Drakaris 09-14-2015 01:44 PM

I remember having a month off for surgery when the classic discord came around. Shit was so epic.

It ended with a bunch of mq running players killing the last few players on the server. I got to 44 as a Druid and had a gank crew following me around from Druid ring to Druid ring somehow knowing the exact port location until eventually I'd gate to oggok pop wolf form- med up and rinse repeat.

It ended once they found my bind, they used level 1 chars to train the SK GM to my bind and baited me into gating into a HT.

Shit way to go but it was the most fun I've had on a pvp server.

Swish 09-14-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakaris (Post 2045574)
I remember having a month off for surgery when the classic discord came around. Shit was so epic.

It ended with a bunch of mq running players killing the last few players on the server. I got to 44 as a Druid and had a gank crew following me around from Druid ring to Druid ring somehow knowing the exact port location until eventually I'd gate to oggok pop wolf form- med up and rinse repeat.

It ended once they found my bind, they used level 1 chars to train the SK GM to my bind and baited me into gating into a HT.

Shit way to go but it was the most fun I've had on a pvp server.

lol.

This is gonna be great.

Corpsed 09-14-2015 01:47 PM

Nice!

Colgate 09-14-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agatha (Post 2045570)
question, if say a player only logs on to train others on this server, will they face account bans on the other "real" servers?

i assume training is allowed

Haynar 09-14-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agatha (Post 2045570)
question, if say a player only logs on to train others on this server, will they face account bans on the other "real" servers?

I dunno.

I would guess if someone gets too disruptive, it will end them up perma-banned on all servers. Try it. See what happens?

curtischoy 09-14-2015 02:01 PM

Will the Discord server have the same exp as Red?

How does item loot work exactly? Do we get to choose the item we loot, or does one item randomly appear on the corpse when we loot it? What about No Drop items?

This sounds awesome, grats on 6 years and thanks for this!

davidkain 09-14-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

. . . removal of the Class XP penalties + group shared XP modifications, and more.
Dumb question from the noob: What are "group shared XP modifications," and how were they changed in January 2001?

Looking forward to the upcoming changes! Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this server. I can't express enough how much joy it's brought to me and my friends.

Rararboker 09-14-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidkain (Post 2045604)
Dumb question from the noob: What are "group shared XP modifications," and how were they changed in January 2001?

Looking forward to the upcoming changes! Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this server. I can't express enough how much joy it's brought to me and my friends.

The wiki has a large explanation on how exp penalties are shared within a group. Basically they are removing class xp penalties and making it so racial xp penalties no longer affect group xp rates.

Sivaeb 09-14-2015 02:06 PM

Awesome!!

Agatha 09-14-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 2045602)
I dunno.

I would guess if someone gets too disruptive, it will end them up perma-banned on all servers. Try it. See what happens?

well what im getting at is, is it a valid strat to train. it either isnt or it is. basically what im asking.

and the problem is see here if it isnt a valid strat, do you guys have guides set up for every zone?