Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Platinum Making guide for low / new players here! (/forums/showthread.php?t=157532)

Clark 07-15-2014 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxten 2.0 (Post 1532194)
Useful thread. Thanks!

Somekid123 07-16-2014 11:22 AM

I've gotten a lot of pm's and tells over this thread. Could it get stickied?

Gaffin 7.0 07-16-2014 11:30 AM

for the vale

Pitborn 07-16-2014 03:36 PM

Maybe all the fungi twinks rolling around killing newbs in rags in Crushone in Unrest SHOULDNT LOOT their victims?

Watched it constantly on a newb alt the last few weeks.

Let these guys keep their spell money. When yer rolling around with 250k in BiS items on yer twink , i really dont think the 14 gold u just looted is a game changer.

The feels.

Kergan 07-16-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitborn (Post 1537022)
Maybe all the fungi twinks rolling around killing newbs in rags in Crushone in Unrest SHOULDNT LOOT their victims?

Watched it constantly on a newb alt the last few weeks.

Let these guys keep their spell money. When yer rolling around with 250k in BiS items on yer twink , i really dont think the 14 gold u just looted is a game changer.

The feels.

But they are learning a valuable lesson about the importance of banks on a PVP server. Surely that is worth 14 gold now rather than hundreds of plat later!

Lyzard 07-17-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kergan (Post 1537072)
But they are learning a valuable lesson about the importance of banks on a PVP server. Surely that is worth 14 gold now rather than hundreds of plat later!

More like a valuable lesson about the clientele of the server.

OP great thread! Will be exercising some of the suggestions! Thanks

Kergan 07-17-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyzard (Post 1537853)
More like a valuable lesson about the clientele of the server.

OP great thread! Will be exercising some of the suggestions! Thanks

Yeah. I honestly have never looted a player after killing them, mostly because most of my PVP has been bigger in scale and you're too busy focusing on the enemy to loot. On the flip side when I have died in PVP I've found most the time my corpse goes unlooted. Should just remove coin loot imo, the only time it really factors in is when someone 2 boxes a warrior in crippling blow range and instagibs an int caster after a big item purchase.

Lyzard 07-17-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kergan (Post 1537995)
Yeah. I honestly have never looted a player after killing them, mostly because most of my PVP has been bigger in scale and you're too busy focusing on the enemy to loot. On the flip side when I have died in PVP I've found most the time my corpse goes unlooted. Should just remove coin loot imo, the only time it really factors in is when someone 2 boxes a warrior in crippling blow range and instagibs an int caster after a big item purchase.

Yeh to be fair the one time we were PvP'd was by a twink in CB a couple weeks ago on the night we first started on server. Was just under a plat in shrapnel but the guy was cool and gave us both our coin back as it was blatantly obvious by rags that we really needed it. Hell we still do :p

Come to think of it he might have been Nilly?... shit I better not mention that... gonna get me in more troubles! :eek:

Somekid123 07-19-2014 08:02 PM

^

Bones 07-19-2014 10:06 PM

good thread from good peoples

another unmentioned spot which was my favorite leveling up - the gargoyles on spec island in oot nearby the sisters with the swords

they drop eyes which sell for 9-10pp fairly commonly sometimes even drop 2x on a kill.
they are lvl 19. So you can start killing them around 20 and level up on them and move on to the sisters right around the corner.