Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: More than 4 npc's shouldn't be able to attack a target at once (/forums/showthread.php?t=113187)

TarukShmaruk 06-27-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1008540)
Quad kiting came from pillar / instant targeted aoe type spells have a max of 4 targets, Al'Kabor line which is the exception having 5 (it originally had unlimited and still would work on unlimited targets in PvP after the nerf).

They never adjusted the mana cost though, making the spell line entirely useless :)

Also for the love of god please don't implement this I know it's classic but the sheer amount of smug LOL from bards will cause a singularity and ruin existence as we know it

Erati 06-27-2013 01:46 PM

I was just talking about this the other day but couldnt remember if it was part of classic EQ or if i had a hazy memory from some strange EQ2 mechanic

I def remember this mechanic tho and I never played a min of Luclin so if it was part of EQ it was in the original trilogy. I think though it can be exploited so people back in the day maybe didnt go super creative in ways to use this to their advantage and simply focused on leveling 'properly'

Aeolwind 06-30-2013 02:02 PM

Another caveat!

Unless the player was sitting.

nilbog 02-12-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrotos (Post 1008615)
I reported this before, I'll see if I can find it.

Best way to describe this is odd.

On classic, as a wizard I would play around with root. If you tried to root more than 4 npcs, root would automatically wear off one of the 4 npcs you had rooted, and the 5th one would become rooted. Meaning you could only root 4 max. AOE mez and such, there were no restrictions like this if I recall.

After you rooted the 5th npc, the 4th npcs root would wear off and just walk away. Once you killed one of the 4 rooted npcs, it would come back and attack you.

So this is how I found this out on live pre SoV expansion.

I will try and dig for links also. But I hope what I said helps finding some info out.

Bump for this. This was my experience on live as well, rooting with a paladin.

Mac Dretti 02-12-2014 03:42 PM

Would love for this to be implemented. Need the hard facts tho!

I'm looking at you mighty Ele

Exmo 02-12-2014 03:44 PM

So this change kills Cleric DA'ing to AE (Chardok, factioning, etc)?

Since only 1 person has agro while the mobs stack, you wouldn't be able to stack more than 4? That's a bummer, but it explains why I never saw anything like Chardok AE on live.

Nirgon 02-12-2014 04:23 PM

Mob's ability to aggro by proximity would kill Chardok AoE as well.

baalzy 02-12-2014 05:00 PM

I remember a patch note or developer note being released at some time (I think it was PoP) where they changed something to prevent wiz AOE groups in Sebilis because it allowed them to gain AA's faster than intended but I can't find it. At some point the 4 mobs max limit was removed, I'm just having trouble finding out when that happened (i strongly suspect we're past that point in the time line already).

koros 02-12-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1319005)
Mob's ability to aggro by proximity would kill Chardok AoE as well.

Truth. Kunark mobs stopped pursuit once you got a certain distance away (but didn't remove you from their aggro list). Made kiting a pain sometime. I'm sure it's still like that on live today.

gwideon 02-12-2014 06:27 PM

I did AE groups in Sebilis during Velious and Luclin. This does not ring true from my experience. Also crushbone trains would be huge during my experience on live - way more than 4.