Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Custom Content is a Bad Idea (/forums/showthread.php?t=222862)

manguard 12-24-2015 05:12 PM

I'd be interested in what custom content would come from the minds of the same folks who had the idea for Project 1999 in the first place. I'd like to see some things expanded upon myself, like more advantages/disadvantages and references to EQ deities, and other role-playing type things. Perhaps enabling use of something like the stamina bar in only the custom content zones and when it wears out you begin to take damage unless you get near a campfire to stay warm, or something along those lines? The possibilities to extend classic are definitely there, and it doesn't JUST have to be more pixels or XP grind spots for neckbeards. If it results in pixels then personally I don't see a problem with it, but some of us truly enjoy the lore and fantasy and only care to see more done with it OTHER than cats on the moon and all the other retarded bullshit following Velious.

If I wanted custom content to get pixels and XP I'd go back to the PEQ emulator where there's plenty and it's a different game entirely. Where, by the way, I've spent a considerable amount of time with friends, and enjoyed it immensely. However it's not as immersive in the Norrath lore at all, and why I quit playing there to come here. P99 is as close to the original fantasy as I can remember, and I would love to see it expanded upon by the same minds that appreciate it enough to develop, run and maintain P99 for an entire community.

myriverse 12-26-2015 08:36 AM

Custom content is a slippery slope. I hope the Devs remain wise enough not to create things that can damage the integrity of the server. If anyone could possibly do it, it would be them. They've had my faith so far. However, I fear that damaging things would not be discovered until it's too late.

Coridan 12-26-2015 09:32 AM

I want custom content in the vein of classic EQ. The other custom servers are way beyond that with port hubs and binders etc. I just want to fill in the gaps on the Norrath map and recycle some of the better Luclin/PoP zones without all the "quality of life" improvements they added like dyes and PoK.

Also, it should vary up the level ranges. A new 40-50 dungeon on Faydwer, a 25-40 dungeon on Odus. A couple new outdoor zones like Rujarkian (Scarlet Desert) and Lake Nerius (Twilight sea)