Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Please everyone on R99, take a second to look and vote, thanks. (/forums/showthread.php?t=103529)

HippoNipple 03-27-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elderan (Post 902044)
This isn't a topic on who can solo the worst. I would say gnome warrior if that were the case.

The topic was someone coming here with no friends what would be the worst class/race combo. I am assuming at some point this person would make friends and group. So I am using their class and race to determine how fast they can get groups and friends. Sorry but a war or rogue have a MUCH better chance at some point to get groups which will equal friends.

A untwinked ranger might can solo a little better then a war but they have a MUCH worse chance of getting groups which would equal less friends down the road.

Also I was the first 60 Ranger in EQ. I think I know how to play a ranger and qualified to answer the questions based on them. Until vel when rangers get skill increases and some better areas they are just terrible. Even with that said I still loved mine.

As a ranger you can level faster solo than if you were a warrior finding groups at a decent rate on this server. Once you are 50+ it is assumed you have made it as far as this poll is concerned.

Elderan 03-27-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HippoNipple (Post 902057)
Once you are 50+ it is assumed you have made it as far as this poll is concerned.

What? So you are basically saying that once this person is 50 then you don't take the last 10 levels into the no friends equation?

The game doesn't even start until level 50. So to me 51-60 are the most important to answer the question will this person have friends/groups by then based on their class/race. If he is a ranger the answer is much less likely then a war/rogue.

Nirgon 03-27-2013 11:36 AM

Leave Kunark? For what?

KabanazyTZ 03-27-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tippett (Post 901562)
there is even snare proc daggers for rogues to fear with

this thread is distinguishing the noobs from vets for sure

and yes tynee wars have a way easier time finding these "groups" then rogues pfft

Im in full lustrous, 160 dex unbuffed and attempting to fear kite ice giants I proc engulfing darkness one in every 5 ice giants. I actually had a bad run on intimidation where I had to zone from light blue ice giants 4 times in a row because i didnt get a fear proc for 3 straight minutes.

Also, groups are a laughable idea on this server in all reality. Warriors solo better than rogues unless you take into account rogue poison, which seriously who's going to have enough rogue slow poison on them for an entire solo session?

Itap 03-27-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloinz (Post 901461)
erudite paladin

Faerie Blossom 03-27-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre (Post 902272)
It's pretty obvious that the people talking about Rogues poisons have never actually tried training Make/Apply Poison before.

You guys know farming the mats is a huge pain in the ass, right? This shit is not WoW.

I guarantee you that a new Rogue player is not going to go to Everfrost to farm Snow Orcs for that Lixt Wing Stalk or kill Kobolds in Solb to farm that Death Cap for a mediocre Poison effect.

This. I almost voted warrior, but then thought that the warrior would be able to spend all of their money on weapons/armor and the rogue would need to spend a huge amount of time/money on their poisons if they wished to be better than warriors. And rogue fear is too unreliable to make up for the vast defensive differences between the two classes.

Barladore 03-27-2013 01:34 PM

I think some of you are vastly underestmating the hybrid exp penalty, especially in hell levels and 50+.

Swish 03-27-2013 01:42 PM

Got to be warrior, no gear, no weapon to hit hard with, no method to heal themselves other than binding wounds to 50%

Starting each fight at a maximum of 50% health (unless you want insane wait time), no improved regen (troll/iksar etc)... fuck that, in the ass...

Someone's twink shows up? You're dead, don't even try and plug...

quido 03-27-2013 01:44 PM

Why are you so curious about this, Sirken?

Twain 03-27-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quido (Post 902321)
Why are you so curious about this, Sirken?

Obviously to prove a point and decide if they are going to change exp mod. I'm assuming Sirken is going to play whatever is picked and level on both servers to determine if leveling on Red is easier than on Blue. We all know he will /wrists somewhere between level 10-20 on red. Especially when he gets in range of those Ragebringer twinks.

Edit

Im going to make it a point to pk every low level DE Warrior from now on!