Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Post here every time you are disappointed by no Green 2.0 news (/forums/showthread.php?t=405104)

Swish 05-02-2024 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3683152)
Oh wow didn't think about that. Yeah that's a massive one that I'm stunned they allowed. Admittedly, Iksar Monk/Necro is already the meta, but if you can get the DE mask then there's simply no other reason to roll any other race for those classes. It completely takes a major tradeoff out of the game.

Wouldn't you lose the iksar regen with DE illusion on?

Duvain 05-02-2024 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3683185)
Wouldn't you lose the iksar regen with DE illusion on?

Nope, I had an ogre SK and War with mask and kept FSI in DE form. Trolls kept regen. You just lose slam.

smooman 05-05-2024 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3683152)
Oh wow didn't think about that. Yeah that's a massive one that I'm stunned they allowed. Admittedly, Iksar Monk/Necro is already the meta, but if you can get the DE mask then there's simply no other reason to roll any other race for those classes. It completely takes a major tradeoff out of the game.

I might be misremembering this, and im just coming back after nearly a decade, so please forgive me if I'm wrong but couldnt iksar monks and necros gain faction by Fake Deathing and doing crushbone pad and belt turn ins? i mean yes just being given an illusion mask is easier, but im sure its about as time consuming as either farming crushbone pads/belts or just farming up the plat to buy them.

you know it amazes me i remember details like this after so long haha.

Ceros 05-05-2024 02:52 PM

I feel like the next green won't launch until I give in and level to 60 on the current green, so I'm sorry for holding everyone up.

I really want to relive the new server hype like I did on Lanys, MT, Vaz and others... I was a new server addict.

cd288 05-06-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smooman (Post 3683402)
I might be misremembering this, and im just coming back after nearly a decade, so please forgive me if I'm wrong but couldnt iksar monks and necros gain faction by Fake Deathing and doing crushbone pad and belt turn ins? i mean yes just being given an illusion mask is easier, but im sure its about as time consuming as either farming crushbone pads/belts or just farming up the plat to buy them.

you know it amazes me i remember details like this after so long haha.

I'm confused by the example provided. Why are we specifically talking about Kaladim faction?

The point of the DE mask comment is that it gets you the ability to vendor in places you otherwise wouldn't be able to (even some supposedly "neutral" vendors won't sell to Iksars). You also now have access to banks in areas you otherwise wouldn't (although that's not as significant since you can FD bank in NFP for example). Plus you, for instance, don't have to run all the way back to Cabilis to buy spells as a Necro...you can just buy them and train in Neriak etc. There's a lot of different benefits that you get without having to endlessly grind faction to get them on the Iksar which negates the trade off you're supposed to make when getting the Iksar regen.