Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Post here every time you are disappointed by no Green 2.0 news (/forums/showthread.php?t=405104)

Trexller 04-24-2024 06:23 PM

yeah seriously the only zone on the entire blue server where PUGs are possible is KC

and half the time, it's just 6 people, grouped in 3 duos, pulling mobs to zone in until they invariably get trained

Soothsayer 04-24-2024 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3682532)
yeah seriously the only zone on the entire blue server where PUGs are possible is KC

and half the time, it's just 6 people, grouped in 3 duos, pulling mobs to zone in until they invariably get trained

You forgot to mention that the duos usually consist of ridiculously overpowered classes like shaman and enchanter, further diminishing your already slim chances of finding a group if you don't happen to be playing a powergamer class.

"Ewwww, a paladin / ranger / wizard / druid / SK, go back to whatever hole you crawled out of and leave me alone"

Hailto 04-24-2024 07:46 PM

What's it like on Quarm? I got the EQ itch again but I'm not trying to come back to solo in empty zones that's lame

Trexller 04-24-2024 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailto (Post 3682545)
What's it like on Quarm?

https://i.imgur.com/shVjx8l.jpg

spoil 04-24-2024 10:17 PM

The way Quarm was sold to us originally sounded pretty awesome to me. Forced rotations plus open world quakes for a good compromise on loot value/scarcity with quakes for a little competition.

But then it got changed to instanced raiding. And that makes loot so plentiful that I don't think anyone cares about competing for open world, certainly not months into an expansion. That will also make the tunnel market more like a TLP, as everything you spend time farming loses value in proportion to how easy it is to get raid-geared. Also Secrets pulled the rug at the last second and decided to keep legacy items in the game permanently, and there's some abomination called Pinkicite armor.

Rader 04-24-2024 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soothsayer (Post 3682543)
You forgot to mention that the duos usually consist of ridiculously overpowered classes like shaman and enchanter, further diminishing your already slim chances of finding a group if you don't happen to be playing a powergamer class.

"Ewwww, a paladin / ranger / wizard / druid / SK, go back to whatever hole you crawled out of and leave me alone"

When was it ever not this way?

cd288 04-25-2024 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailto (Post 3682545)
What's it like on Quarm? I got the EQ itch again but I'm not trying to come back to solo in empty zones that's lame

I've got some lowbie alts, including a mid 30s SK on Blue, I'd group with ya

Hailto 04-26-2024 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3682615)
I've got some lowbie alts, including a mid 30s SK on Blue, I'd group with ya

<3

fortior 04-28-2024 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rader (Post 3682575)
When was it ever not this way?

I'm currently grouping with a ranger as a warrior in city of mist

Green server is good

Duvain 04-30-2024 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoil (Post 3682567)
The way Quarm was sold to us originally sounded pretty awesome to me. Forced rotations plus open world quakes for a good compromise on loot value/scarcity with quakes for a little competition.

But then it got changed to instanced raiding. And that makes loot so plentiful that I don't think anyone cares about competing for open world, certainly not months into an expansion. That will also make the tunnel market more like a TLP, as everything you spend time farming loses value in proportion to how easy it is to get raid-geared. Also Secrets pulled the rug at the last second and decided to keep legacy items in the game permanently, and there's some abomination called Pinkicite armor.

That rug pull killed it for me, haven't logged into Quarm since. Would love a new P99 but not sure we'll ever get one.