Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Where to Lvl? (/forums/showthread.php?t=6123)

mgellan 04-21-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zordana (Post 49641)
i find this a nice guide for leveling, but guides for raids? isnt it all about figuring out how everything works, if you didnt do it yet? =)

Dunno, some of us find multiple wipes / CRs make raid size encounters too time consuming - having some advice on workable techniques makes it a more positive experience IMHO...

Regards,
Mg

BuzWeaver 04-21-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgellan (Post 49475)
Hey guys:

http://www.gordtulloch.com/twiki

Regards,
Gord

Very nice, I appreciate it. Typically I'd visit Alla's, but so much of it has changed with all the EQ Live expansions.

Nedala 04-21-2010 02:29 PM

Why does nobody ever hunt in splitpaw?

Dantes 04-21-2010 02:44 PM

I've been trying to dig up some guides on making cash myself. I wasn't very good at that the first time I played either.

Tenpin 04-21-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedala (Post 49968)

I am sad to hear this. I was heading to Paw due to being tired of Unrest. Where is a good spot for 23+? Thanks for input

BuzWeaver 04-21-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantes (Post 49974)
I've been trying to dig up some guides on making cash myself. I wasn't very good at that the first time I played either.

I don't suppose there is an 'easy' way, however by simply hunting you'll build cash over time. What you can do is find things either for quest or work on trade skills. For example, if you hunt Skeletons they drop coin, loot and bone chips. The loot you can sell and the bone chips you can turn-in for quest. Also you can hunt in Crush Bone for quest drops as well (Crush Bone Belts, 2 at a time and Lego Pads, 2 at a time). Those are turned in, in South Kaladim to the Warrior GM. You'll get coin and items to sell.

In particular the quest in North Kaladim (Pally Guild, Bone Chips), provided you are a good race, will yield coin and items to sell (as well as exp.). While you're doing all this traveling you can do the Going Postal Quest (Bard Guild) If you hunt in EC you can get pelts, which you can either combine (Sewing Kit + Ruined + Pattern) and then sell the made goods to the merchant or sell the pelts to players. This also includes Silks dropped by spiders and spiderlings.

These are some of the basic ways I generate cash, its kind of a multi-task system. I don't know what level you are, but that's how I build cash as a newbie. A lot of it is research. Research what people are wanting to buy and or quest. You'd be surprised how much of a pay off doing trade skills are. Trade skills are kind of rough in the beginning but have a nice pay off in the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedala (Post 49968)

That's a great question. I'm not high enough to hunt there myself, but once I am I'll be hitting paw for sure. It was a great zone (exp wise), good drops and nice coin.

Elendae 04-21-2010 05:05 PM

There's a small, dedicated force that swear by splitpaw from what I've seen. It's fairly out of the way for the average adventurer though, so it doesn't get much love. I believe I'm close or right in the range of it, so I will be hitting it up soon. I've never been before.

Dantes 04-21-2010 05:14 PM

BuzWeaver - thanks for the heads up. It's rough being a brand spankin' newbie again without any twink love, but then again the challenge is fun. I have been gathering chips and pelts, so I guess I'm on the right track. I'm a DE, but I'll look into our equivalent quests.

BuzWeaver 04-21-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantes (Post 50036)
BuzWeaver - thanks for the heads up. It's rough being a brand spankin' newbie again without any twink love, but then again the challenge is fun. I have been gathering chips and pelts, so I guess I'm on the right track. I'm a DE, but I'll look into our equivalent quests.

Glad to help out. :)

toddfx 04-21-2010 07:22 PM

I usually tend to take my characters to Misty Thicket for 3 - 10 or so. Tons of mobs make for pretty much constant killing, and not a lot of running to get to vendors or bank. I solo most of the time, but a good duo can take all the goblin camps no problem.

However my favorite part about Misty Thicket right now is how popular deputy farming is, and how much loot slips through the cracks! At 1.4pp per Small Round Shield, and 10pp per FS Spear (a rare find for the ninja), they rack up pretty quickly. The farmers want the spears, but they generally leave the shields which are prime plat for us newblets.