Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Server Down (/forums/showthread.php?t=5466)

Bones 04-06-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa (Post 39735)
Dont take the server down=( this is way the attacker wanted.....you let him win..i say let him lag the server he cant keep it up forever..and didnt you say if he did it for more than 10 minutes you could trace him anyways?

I heard that too... and he had it going for well over half an hour.

Anyways - This guy needs to get a fuckin life.
Seriously... who dedicates this much of their time to attack an emu server.

jackmacncheese 04-06-2010 06:34 PM

It sucks the server is down, but makes me realize I wouldn't be having these feelings if you guys had never made it so awesome in the first place. Just want to thank all the people who have been working on P99 for making it such an awesome experience and I thank you again in advance for going through all the trouble to sort out this mess.

Porz 04-06-2010 06:36 PM

Could we possibly have a vote. It seems like alot would rather deal with the lag than let this guy get the best of all of us.

On another note I will still be donating when i get paid thursday hopefully to fund getting this problem fixed.

pdobelstein 04-06-2010 06:39 PM

In the meantime, are any of the other servers in that list comparable? Or are they all expansion wide open?

Also can't some kind of block for that type of attack be put in via software and not a hardware based appliance?

wacko 04-06-2010 06:43 PM

I was just wondering what would happen to ppl who died and didnt retrieve their items from their corpses. If it decays after 7 days (idk if time stops or wtv in game when its locked) will there be a possibility to get our corpse/items back from a GM?

thanks

Porz 04-06-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacko (Post 39755)
I was just wondering what would happen to ppl who died and didnt retrieve their items from their corpses. If it decays after 7 days (idk if time stops or wtv in game when its locked) will there be a possibility to get our corpse/items back from a GM?

thanks

That would be a mess.

KingKoopa 04-06-2010 06:48 PM

yea i would rather just deal with the lag than take the server down....i mean i know it god bad for a bit but seriously...i think he would of quit eventually after he seen it didnt drive the playerbase away...now that he sees its down Mission acomplished for him

Crone 04-06-2010 06:51 PM

Maybe this will be my opportunity to make the house spotless.. I'm slowly but surely getting motivated to dive into house work. ;)

Kennebec 04-06-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackmacncheese (Post 39749)
It sucks the server is down, but makes me realize I wouldn't be having these feelings if you guys had never made it so awesome in the first place. Just want to thank all the people who have been working on P99 for making it such an awesome experience and I thank you again in advance for going through all the trouble to sort out this mess.

Ditto. I can wait because the experience in P99 has been great. It will be worth the wait.

Examino 04-06-2010 06:54 PM

and what would stop him from doing this again when the server comes back up?