Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Consequences of merging Blue and Green ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=428375)

GnomeLuvr 02-14-2024 02:11 AM

I really hope there is an ongoing conversation between the devs regarding a possible merge. The population on blue has gotten so low that it's no longer easy to find groups at lower levels except at peak hours, and the tunnel has been so empty since Quarm launched that it's taking forever to find spells/items for sale.

It seems the only time the server gets busy is when there's an earthquake or a re-pop day, and everyone jumps over from other servers to raid, then log back off as soon as they run out of targets.

cd288 02-14-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnomeLuvr (Post 3674112)
I really hope there is an ongoing conversation between the devs regarding a possible merge. The population on blue has gotten so low that it's no longer easy to find groups at lower levels except at peak hours, and the tunnel has been so empty since Quarm launched that it's taking forever to find spells/items for sale.

It seems the only time the server gets busy is when there's an earthquake or a re-pop day, and everyone jumps over from other servers to raid, then log back off as soon as they run out of targets.

Yeah even Green is becoming somewhat like this. We really don't have the population to sustain two healthy servers anymore. I really wish they would merge.

Prismaticshop 02-15-2024 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnomeLuvr (Post 3674112)

Noticed this as well

wuanahto 02-15-2024 07:04 AM

as someone who likes just walking into a camp without competition and spending hours without seeing another person just no to server merge

cd288 02-15-2024 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuanahto (Post 3674326)
as someone who likes just walking into a camp without competition and spending hours without seeing another person just no to server merge

Seems weird to play classic EQ then

cd288 02-15-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by branamil (Post 3674065)
The cons are that the staff would have a lot of extra work for very little gain

While I do think they will eventually merge and start a new Green ("eventually" meaning anywhere from this year to a couple years down the road), this is probably right. While it might be relatively easy to merge servers, it's a lot of work for the staff to handle a larger player base on one server plus all the various classic changes they'd want to make for new Green that were discovered during the course of Green 1.0. Wish I knew how to do that coding stuff so I could help out haha

I think another commenter made a fair point of what do you do with the CSR who are on one server but play on another? Make them choose between playing or being CSR? Then you have to replace a bunch of CSR that quit? It's not an insurmountable issue, and I doubt it's why they haven't merged, but it is AN issue that you have to come up with a solution for, which isn't easy. Just another item of "work" for the staff.

WarpathEQ 02-15-2024 03:26 PM

It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?

Have they taken a step back from P99 all together and just allocating little to no time to the project at all, or are they working on something behind the scenes like a merge or new server?

I've personally seen no indication from P99 staff that a merge or a new server are in the works are a part of their vision and to date the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.

Toxigen 02-15-2024 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarpathEQ (Post 3674391)
It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?

real life, its better than elfsim

Videri 02-15-2024 03:49 PM

Nailed it

Quote:

the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.

enjchanter 02-15-2024 04:36 PM

Quote:

Have they taken a step back from P99 all together and just allocating little to no time to the project at all, or are they working on something behind the scenes like a merge or new server?

I've personally seen no indication from P99 staff that a merge or a new server are in the works are a part of their vision and to date the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.

They literally built and host this server for free bro
They owe you nothing