Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Can any class solo the Fungi tunic camp? (/forums/showthread.php?t=416844)

Toxigen 03-22-2023 11:31 AM

One kill? Sure

Reliably farm it? No, that is for duos.

loramin 03-22-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3591960)
Reliably farm it? No, that is for duos.

Did the staff change the mobs here or something? It used to be barely doable with a trio, and most people went in with a full group because trioing was so dangerous.

It's been a couple years since I remember it being like that, but ... what changed?

Jimjam 03-22-2023 12:19 PM

IDK maybe it was the 2017 AC rebalancing? or just gearflation?

I remember regularly seeing paladins splat to fungi king before, now it is easy tankable on ranger /shrug

Arvan 03-22-2023 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3591962)
Did the staff change the mobs here or something? It used to be barely doable with a trio, and most people went in with a full group because trioing was so dangerous.

It's been a couple years since I remember it being like that, but ... what changed?

not changed you just have to know what you are doing lol

Toxigen 03-22-2023 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3591962)

Its a joke as a trio.

Nothing changed just git gud.

PatChapp 03-22-2023 03:01 PM

I regularely do it with enc/monk/druid trio
We keep most of the fungi clear even. Is trivially easy but kinda fun

Frogs are getting smarter though,had one hop on the exit pad and summon our druid

loramin 03-22-2023 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvan (Post 3592005)
not changed you just have to know what you are doing lol

So for like 8-9 years of P99 history, no one knew what they were doing, and then just magically a year ago (or something like that) everyone figured out how to duo it? :rolleyes:

Trexller 03-22-2023 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3592063)
So for like 8-9 years of P99 history, no one knew what they were doing, and then just magically a year ago (or something like that) everyone figured out how to duo it? :rolleyes:

sounds plausible

we're at a point in this project where virtually every player knows virtually everything

years of trial / error, every lvl 60 is well geared if not near BiS, back in the day the 6 man group offered the forgiveness of mistakes that a trio or duo won't. these days, players just know not to make those mistakes.

you're a major factor yourself with all the millions of hours you put into the wiki, which made the entirety of game info available in milliseconds.

TAKP's wiki by comparison is complete garbage, they have all their info split between a wiki and an "alla clone" and neither is even halfway complete.

so it forces me to actually go talk to NPCs of quests that i don't know by heart, or even god forbid... communicate with another player!

Trelaboon 03-22-2023 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3592063)

I took a break in 2019 and haven’t killed him since then, but prior to that I used to trio him really easily with Monk/Rogue/Shaman. But I also duo’d it a bit before then with a Monk. I was the Shaman so I didn’t do anything particularly impressive, but somehow he still managed to do every cycle in just a couple pulls. Not sure how he did it, as I’ve never tried on my monk. I just know I was able to duo it five-ish years ago.

Pint 03-22-2023 10:03 PM

I guess people forget how many years we played kunark