Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Two-Boxing (/forums/showthread.php?t=39843)

Jarcon 06-13-2011 10:13 PM

IP ban Temp I hope

What about 2 seperate people playing from the same house on different computers? I ask as I was setting up an account for my nephew who will be staying wit us this summer, and got a message about a temp ip ban. I was not even logged into my main account when I attempted to login to the second account. Just courious...

PureLo 06-13-2011 10:16 PM

Bort is a Bo$$ for using the Taken quote until further notice...

hdawg06 06-13-2011 10:36 PM

That is a great movie.

Aangus 06-14-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarcon (Post 312169)
What about 2 seperate people playing from the same house on different computers? I ask as I was setting up an account for my nephew who will be staying wit us this summer, and got a message about a temp ip ban. I was not even logged into my main account when I attempted to login to the second account. Just courious...

you need to apply for an exemption - read the sticky on the subject

bizzum 06-14-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messianic (Post 311489)

Hes a Borg but he didn't want to let that out so he made his name Bort. The collective consciousness of the guides is to ban all boxers and assimilate us all into one character playing users.

soup 06-14-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

When did this happen? They used to, for a very long time, have a temporary IP lockout when switching accounts (~5 minutes) but for the last week or so it seems the temp lockout is gone. I'm just asking because if you're still getting the temp IP lockout it means something unusual is happening on my end for the IP lockout to not kick in.

Jarcon 06-14-2011 10:38 AM

Temp Ban

It happened about 10 min before the post. I have read and understand the situation at this point. I was mostly concerned with violating the rules/guidlines. It seems to be a safe issue as of now. Only using one account on P1999.

Amelinda 06-14-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aangus (Post 312310)
you need to apply for an exemption - read the sticky on the subject

This is the right answer! Go to the petitions/exploits forum and apply for the IP exemption. :)

You may also get the temp IP ban if you go linkdead and try log in again before you are totally out of the system.

Mebryn 06-17-2011 03:02 PM

Epic quote, now I just want to hunt for two boxers just to see more "Taken" awesomeness.

*Shoves a halfling into the back of a Cab*
Bort: "The two Iksar girls from yesterday, where are they?!"
Halfing: "What?!"
*punch to the ribcage*
Bort: "The next rib punctures your lung!!!"

...damn....i'll be back...i'm going to watch that scene again, lol

sonicjoose 06-21-2011 06:38 PM

Going to start Playing on Classic server, character named Splat :-D

Quit after shadows of luclin expansion