Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yearly - Can we reset the sleeper (/forums/showthread.php?t=265316)

Daldaen 02-10-2017 10:50 AM

Just make the sleeper reset every time Vulak sits up for 24 hours.

Gimp 02-10-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakish (Post 2465127)
You're asking for one to two spawns before the raid guilds start bickering and hold waking the sleeper as a hostage. Give us a free vulak or ventani dies. It sounds nice but both servers have killed the Warders with no contest in zone. We simply don't share our toys.

Basically this.

Warders wouldn't last a month before sleeper being awoken again. It's pointless.

Rygar 02-10-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 2465148)
Just make the sleeper reset every time Vulak sits up for 24 hours.

Maybe this is already enabled! Nilbog will reveal the coding years later to show how socking reigns supreme

Cyrano 02-10-2017 11:04 AM

I stopped playing by the time we woke the sleeper, but I can honestly say the amount of effort and work that went into being the top Velious guild was staggering. Waking the Sleeper and being forever legends - even if it's infamy - was the reward for all of our hard work.

RedXIII 02-10-2017 11:11 AM

I heard the old Rampage batphone still works. Cant wait to wake her again. Was best night of my EQ days. Hokushin streaming... Kegluas gets the killshot... Dannyl frapsing... lots of ppl just wanting to hit him once... couple of monks tanked while the voiddance disc lasted. Great night.

Mythanor 02-10-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedXIII (Post 2465167)
I heard the old Rampage batphone still works. Cant wait to wake her again. Was best night of my EQ days. Hokushin streaming... Kegluas gets the killshot... Dannyl frapsing... lots of ppl just wanting to hit him once... couple of monks tanked while the voiddance disc lasted. Great night.

Preceded by :

I stopped playing by the time we woke the sleeper, but I can honestly say the amount of effort and work that went into being the top Velious guild was staggering. Waking the Sleeper and being forever legends - even if it's infamy - was the reward for all of our hard work.

And called posts earlier with :

Speaks a lot to human psychology when people blatantly do something to 'see the tears of butthurt nerds'.

FatMice 02-10-2017 11:59 AM

There really shouldn't be any point to these conversations until the final patch of Velious is complete and Rogen/Nilbog have completed their task in making their version of a Classic Emulated Eeverquest Server.

Would I like Sleepers reset? Yes! Who wouldn't. To me the Sleeper event on Everquest is one of the most epic, legendary, monumental event on any MMORPG. In that reality it should never be reset otherwise it loses that allure.

The only way it should be reset is if a custom content that Rogean/Nilbog come up with create a mega quest that puts the Sleeper back asleep. That quest would have to have to same level of significance and rarity to even be possible; ie, 1 year respawn time with 2-4 month variance on the starter quest mob, you need multiple ally factions with Giants, CoV, Dwarfs, at the same time (is it even possible?) to get them to secretly work together in order to combine their abilities to resleep the sleeper. After all, technically he still is awake running around Norrath. For the quest, think about something on the lines of what Blizzard did to open AQ; you had to field all these supplies to prepare for a battle. Something that would make the server work together as one in order for something this mega to happen. Something that would require at least 1-2years of people farming materials for. Ultimately, the Sleeper should not be so whimsically reset just because we want it.

Vandil 02-10-2017 12:00 PM

And while they're at it, make Raster/PH and the Ancient cyclops/PH a 15 minute spawn.

EQ is supposed to be unforgiving in many ways, including the ability for more organized, more dedicated, more time-investing people to access (and in some cases eliminate) content.

That's why World Of Warcraft implemented instances and phasing.

To play EQ in modern time is a slap in the face to the hard realities in a pre-WoW world.

Deal with it. That's the game.

Lojik 02-10-2017 12:12 PM

Just make the sleeper on a +- 365 day variance. Enjoy the sock!

Lhancelot 02-10-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lojik (Post 2465213)
Just make the sleeper on a +- 365 day variance. Enjoy the sock!

Good idea! Only the servers finest "competitors" could manage this, no doubt. :rolleyes: