Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Trading Hub (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   P99 Auction House (/forums/showthread.php?t=229230)

Fettsack 03-09-2016 11:11 AM

Awesome!!!

poena.dare 04-26-2016 02:03 PM

This site is very helpful. Ho boy!

I dream that one day I can log out one night, log into the auction site the next morning, and copy and paste complete /auc strings with links embedded.

Aposi 04-28-2016 05:16 PM

Something you may want to fix, in one of my auctions i stated I was selling a necro spell and would trade it for an FBSS and it showed on the site that I was selling an FBSS, so I got bombarded with tells ; ;.

p99auctions 04-28-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aposi (Post 2252025)
Something you may want to fix, in one of my auctions i stated I was selling a necro spell and would trade it for an FBSS and it showed on the site that I was selling an FBSS, so I got bombarded with tells ; ;.

Hey Aposi. Thanks for the feedback!

That is indeed an issue but not one our very tiny team can easily address. The parsing engine has some intelligence to it but its not Watson. It isn't actually deconstructing syntax and grammar, so it has some trouble with more complex statements. Its smart enough to catch about 98% of context switches between buy and sell but falls flat when people get into situational trade scenarios scenarios like you've described. e.g. I want to do X, but i can do Y with X. . or Z. . but if Q happens then S and X is fine as well.

It is what it is I guess. I can certainly acknowledge and appreciate the concern but there is little I can do to address it. We parse about 98% of items correctly, according to random sampling, which I feel is acceptable. Its not perfect nor can we strive for perfection given the budget we have ($0 per month). If there is anyone reading that has experience parsing these types of scenarios and wants to offer some guidance or contribute to the project, email me! I'm happy to listen to your advice.

support@p99auctions.com

Cheers!

P.S. The new auction alert system hit QA on Monday. Shouldn't be long now I hope!

pugnacious 04-29-2016 07:29 AM

WOW! Great job!

lventropy 06-09-2016 08:27 PM

This is genius. I can now grind while checking to see if there is anything I want for sale!

Boonsly 08-08-2016 03:06 PM

This site is amazing! Love the stream :)

rhelentlys 09-28-2016 05:48 AM

Yall ever updating again ? Havent heard much in a long time! Miss you guys, but I REALLY miss the alerts!

Gumbo 09-28-2016 10:22 PM

I love checking the site as references to the most current prices. Saved me over 2K in platinum when I was buying items for my Monk.

JayMcNugget 10-24-2016 11:02 AM

I'm having an issue, and I'm not sure if it's on my end or P99auction's end.

It seems like more often than not, when I'm standing in EC with my Auction House Assistant running, it isn't sending info to the P99auctions server. It gives the following message, "Unable to contact the P99 Auction Services, next scheduled attempt at x time." During this time, on the P99auctions website live stream, it will say there are zero contributors even though I am trying to contribute but my program just won't connect to the server. This makes me think this problem is affecting everyone, not just me.

Eventually it will connect and the live stream will start back up again, and then eventually it will stop working again as described above. Is anyone else having this issue?

Just to be clear, I don't feel entitled to this free service, and I'm not complaining. Just want to make sure this isn't something I can troubleshoot on my end.

Thank you.