Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   With no GM authority, these raid talks are worse than useless (/forums/showthread.php?t=132669)

Autotune 12-27-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmo (Post 1240809)
Um. Roegan wasn't subtle in saying there will be GM enforcement.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...131739&page=16

Please fix your link to a real man's. No one has time for boy page lengths.

Rogean 12-27-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autotune (Post 1240814)
Please fix your link to a real man's. No one has time for boy page lengths.

Fixed.

Autotune 12-27-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 1240813)
You started this thread with wrong information.

I didn't read much but TLDR seems to be that player arrangements are useless because they won't be enforced by staff.

And that's where you're wrong, and exactly why I told TMO they need to come to an arrangement, because they aren't coming off raid suspension until they do.

Whatever the majority of raiding guilds agree on WILL be enforced by the staff.

Well, this should motivate people to move forward.

HeallunRumblebelly 12-27-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 1240813)
You started this thread with wrong information.

I didn't read much but TLDR seems to be that player arrangements are useless because they won't be enforced by staff.

And that's where you're wrong, and exactly why I told TMO they need to come to an arrangement, because they aren't coming off raid suspension until they do.

Whatever the majority of raiding guilds agree on WILL be enforced by the staff.

Very happy to hear that. It's just in the past they've tried these types of guild meetings and not much have came of them.

Is it also fair to call Taken/Divinity a raiding guild if in the past they weren't really getting targets? What makes a guild a raiding guild, or do you mean decided on by the majority of the P99 community?

edit: And for expediency's sake, where would be the best place for these type of talks to begin? Something...official, y'know?

Elderan 12-27-2013 05:58 PM

Zone turns pvp once the raid mob spawns...

Enjoy the fun, problem solved..

Elmarnieh 12-27-2013 05:58 PM

Why not just have a zone where you just spawn mobs weekly on the schedule that best works for whatever guilds want.

That way its like we could not play Everquest at all like it was on live and just log in, kill stuff and be on our merry way?

The LAST thing I want is a GM enforced player behavior that isn't disruptive and following the server rules for FTE is not disruptive. The point of competition is competing.

radditsu 12-27-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elderan (Post 1240955)
Zone turns pvp once the raid mob spawns...

Enjoy the fun, problem solved..

That sounds like a technical problem. Technical fixes to raid scene arent the point. The point is a human issue..

And pvp on eq sucks balls and go back to red.

radditsu 12-27-2013 06:18 PM

Use the tools we have to make an agreement. Don't depend on repops or variance changes. Those are future issues.

Pint 12-27-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly (Post 1240930)
y a raiding guild if in the past they weren't really getting targets? What makes a guild a raiding guild, or do you mean decided on by the majority of the P99 community?

tmo, fe, ib, bda, taken, divinity, europa, azure guard. all guilds with loyal cores that can presumably be relied on to at least put forth an effort to help their guild achieve some raid kills. sorry if i missed anyones guild that feels they are close to raid ready, no offense intended. a-team and doljon maybe? think a-team lacks numbers and doljon is still a mixed bag of mid 50s getting their grind on.

zanderklocke 12-27-2013 06:25 PM

A-Team is all about killing raid targets...just with low numbers. ;)