Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   EverQuest: Chainbreaker launches April 1st, 2023 (/forums/showthread.php?t=417006)

Trexller 03-26-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3593877)
which client do we need

are you providing the client or do i gotta "find" a particular client somewhere?

Secrets 03-26-2023 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3594239)
are you providing the client or do i gotta "find" a particular client somewhere?

Yarr.

Avast.

Solist 03-26-2023 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secrets (Post 3594252)
Yarr.

Avast.

Given the use of TAKP's data and coding,

Does that mean there's a chance of a classic server with their data aka p99, but titanium client sometime that goes to pop? Post chainbreaker.

Really need to do something to fix p99's failures.

Secrets 03-27-2023 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solist (Post 3594256)
Given the use of TAKP's data and coding,

Does that mean there's a chance of a classic server with their data aka p99, but titanium client sometime that goes to pop? Post chainbreaker.

Really need to do something to fix p99's failures.

I would imagine no one would ever do a TAKP client on Titanium. ROF2? Sure. There's plenty of work done on disabling windows.

Solist 03-27-2023 10:27 PM

Same same, the removal of mouse scroll was the deathblow to takp the day it launched when it should be the best server by an order of magnitude.

Lune 03-28-2023 12:18 PM

Some very cool ideas here, I love the meaningful racials.

Toxigen 03-28-2023 12:23 PM

so dark elf is tank

Secrets 03-28-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3595089)
so dark elf is tank

I mean, anything can theoretically be a tank with enough AC, Stamina and ability to hold threat.

I imagine your strength builds will be Dark Elf though. As well as stamina builds.

Ogre/Dark Elf is a solid choice for tank builds due to the stun immunity and riposte immunity - but it's not as bad unless you're fighting mobs that have stuns... like Rogue mobs that have a 3s stun, Paladin mobs with their short stuns, etc.

My tank will likely be a Dark Elf/Ogre Necro/Warrior.

You'd probably want a Human/x so you have access to transportation beyond east Antonica on your first playthrough as well, plus faction isn't generally terrible that way. Additionally, you can get the spells that are in those locations. My Monk/Shaman is going to be a Human/Halfling, for instance, as Iksar provides no benefit over Human monk except for the HP regen.

Because of how stats scale, Rogue/Bard is a solid pick too. I personally retain a Froglok/Wood Elf Rogue/Bard with Root/Snare immune as well, so I can skip to some areas with the long jump in places where Levitate won't cut it and escape if I need to.

You can always add onto your classes with reincarnation - getting to 30 for the first reincarnation should take maybe a day of casual play at most.

Ralexia 03-31-2023 02:57 AM

Can bards still cast while moving and does that affect other spells and clickies they can cast? Could a bard/wizard cast pbaoe dd while running? Or does cast while moving only apply to bard songs?

Secrets 04-01-2023 04:03 PM