Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Custom Content is a Bad Idea (/forums/showthread.php?t=222862)

duco 12-24-2015 01:48 PM

From the way Sirken was talking about custom content on his last stream, it sounded like custom content will be added to blue and not a new different server.

Would love to get some clarity on this. It was also mentioned that custom content will only be for the high end raiders.

Rickson 12-24-2015 02:28 PM

Maybe the custom content will be instanced raiding zones with higher end equipment than current velious raids. It would open up the other raid targets to newer guilds. Either way, it's a long ways out from what I've heard, so don't worry about it. :D

nilbog 12-24-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duco (Post 2148833)
From the way Sirken was talking about custom content on his last stream, it sounded like custom content will be added to blue and not a new different server.

Would love to get some clarity on this. It was also mentioned that custom content will only be for the high end raiders.

No on both of those.

khanable 12-24-2015 02:32 PM

praise nilbog

ridiculousmoose 12-24-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 2148857)
No on both of those.

<3 you

triad 12-24-2015 03:27 PM

I still hold strong if custom content happened we should skip the moon and port into potranq or something along those lines and scale PoP gear to velious ... we would just be add more planes

ManuelThePopStar 12-24-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormed (Post 2148790)
Rogean said that when (if) custom content happens, it'll be on a different server. Blue was to be a "museum" for classic EQ. So, OP, don't get your panties in a bunch. You can play Velious for all eternity if you want.

I suggest you go listen to Sirkens twitch from this past Sunday. Custom content is ALREADY in development and is gonna be coming soon.

Additionally, its gonna be designed specifically for a couple of guilds. In his words, for "people who are nearing full BIS Velious gear" because these endgame players "should always have some new content to do."

ManuelThePopStar 12-24-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 2148857)
No on both of those.

Care to elaborate? That's literally exactly what Sirken stated on his stream.

He stated that the custom content will be "for players nearing BIS Velious gear" because "for everyone else the server already has content they've not beaten"

nilbog 12-24-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManuelThePopStar (Post 2148961)
I suggest you go listen to Sirkens twitch from this past Sunday. Custom content is ALREADY in development and is gonna be coming soon.

Additionally, its gonna be designed specifically for a couple of guilds. In his words, for "people who are nearing full BIS Velious gear" because these endgame players "should always have some new content to do."

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManuelThePopStar (Post 2148963)
Care to elaborate? That's literally exactly what Sirken stated on his stream.

He stated that the custom content will be "for players nearing BIS Velious gear" because "for everyone else the server already has content they've not beaten"

Considering I'm in charge of content development.. no it's not. Developers and GMs do not communicate often on these topics, so I'm not sure what all was said. Will confer with him, see what's going on, and go from there.

Until you have an announcement or details from myself or Rogean, just consider it rumors and speculation.

Custom zone creation, implementation and testing will take a while. We are currently working on finishing the later parts of Velious.

jcr4990 12-24-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 2148974)
Considering I'm in charge of content development.. no it's not. Developers and GMs do not communicate often on these topics, so I'm not sure what all was said. Will confer with him, see what's going on, and go from there.

Until you have an announcement or details from myself or Rogean, just consider it rumors and speculation.

Custom zone creation, implementation and testing will take a while. We are currently working on finishing the later parts of Velious.

I'd like to submit a petition requesting a guise be immediately deposited into my inventory as compensation for Sirken's lies.

Thank you.