Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Dwarves vs Elves - Custom Faydwer PvP (/forums/showthread.php?t=410018)

Jimjam 11-06-2022 05:06 AM

You’re work is looking great.

Merry and Pippin, especially Pippin, were almost magical singers. Plus the rivervale theme slaps! Good call on halfling Bards!

Will you include the expanded shorts hybrid options?

What have you done to prevent characters emoting messages locally? Or are you happy for them to be able to communicate via wild gesticulation?

Jibartik 11-06-2022 05:25 AM

azxten 11-06-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3529538)
You’re work is looking great.

Merry and Pippin, especially Pippin, were almost magical singers. Plus the rivervale theme slaps! Good call on halfling Bards!

Will you include the expanded shorts hybrid options?

What have you done to prevent characters emoting messages locally? Or are you happy for them to be able to communicate via wild gesticulation?

Thanks. Yeah the hybrid options are in.

I'm not sure on emotes. I could easily disable them but that's kind of lame. I might be able to apply the same language filter to them.

I'll probably start a separate website soon so I'm not just lingering here on R99 forums.

Gustoo 11-06-2022 12:18 PM

Biggest risk is the shorty team being OP

Old_PVP 11-06-2022 12:39 PM

This looks really cool. Definitely like the custom zone connections and language barrier.

loramin 11-06-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

5. No level range for PvP

Why? Creates more of a team atmosphere where you rely on your teammates always. A level 1 spamming snare on a level 50 should have a chance for the spell to land even if it's small.
Personally, I think this one is going to doom your server, because all your new players will be griefed off ... but best of luck: I hope I'm wrong.

Chortles Snortles 11-06-2022 01:26 PM

here's my opinion you should care about, btw don't forget to like, sub, upboat & subscribe to the wiki
(lol)

magnetaress 11-06-2022 02:33 PM

Lvl 5 gnome sk ftw!

Also maybe plz give gnomes druids

Old_PVP 11-06-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azxten (Post 3529263)
I think the only thing missing now would be like Kerra Island and Befallen.

You could possibly add Befallen as an extension to Unrest basement. Then maybe The Hole which extends even further down. It could be one big structure of undead nasties with lvls / toughness adjusted to appropriate levels. Unrest could be low - mid lvl, Befallen would be mid-high level and The Hole could be raid appropriate, or multi-grouped.

Or... The Hole could be an extension of Paw. The lore fits with gnolls worshipping Brell.

Tradesonred 11-06-2022 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3529595)
Personally, I think this one is going to doom your server, because all your new players will be griefed off ... but best of luck: I hope I'm wrong.

I like the start at 30 idea. Or start at a point where you are not useless right off the bat. The difference between 30 and 50 (spawn vs top level, whatever) could be something like what the 4 levels difference feel on rallos or red. Say like, if youre 20 and youre fighting a level 24. Hard but not impossible, especially if you get the jump.

I also like the idea of putting befallen at the bottom of unrest, not sure what kind of coding work adjusting the difficulty entails but if its not too much trouble, itd be great.