Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Please everyone on R99, take a second to look and vote, thanks. (/forums/showthread.php?t=103529)

KabanazyTZ 03-27-2013 01:26 AM

I dont understand how a warrior can have a harder time leveling than a rogue. Unless the rogue finds a steady influx of caster mobs who hit like little bitches, the warrior is going to have an easier time a) finding a group or b) soloing.

Tenlaar 03-27-2013 01:28 AM

The rogue can augment his solo ability somewhat with poisons, snare procs, and instill doubt.

The warrior, not so much.

Tippett 03-27-2013 01:30 AM

there is even snare proc daggers for rogues to fear with

this thread is distinguishing the noobs from vets for sure

and yes tynee wars have a way easier time finding these "groups" then rogues pfft

Telron 03-27-2013 01:59 AM

This is really hard to judge for me. Do warriors have the ability to solo past 30? or is it just slower. We cant forget warriors get an XP boost so if they can get some help they can level quicker compared to a paladin even though he can solo light blues at a 40% penalty in xp. Just my thoughts.

Sirken 03-27-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telron (Post 901598)
This is really hard to judge for me. Do warriors have the ability to solo past 30? or is it just slower. We cant forget warriors get an XP boost so if they can get some help they can level quicker compared to a paladin even though he can solo light blues at a 40% penalty in xp. Just my thoughts.

if they have no pals and no guildies, i suspect they arent getting that help you mentioned

Telron 03-27-2013 02:35 AM

I would say anyone past 30 is going to get at least a little help. Or they are being extremely anti social : ) I would say my kicker is weather or not a war can solo at all. If that's the case, then yes War = hardest lol. But if with some gheto swords they can solo at least some, then i don't think Rangers, Pals, SKs are leaps n bounds ahead. They just have less med time but with a end result of XP that is near the same.

That said. Any of those compared to a caster = game over without light twinking. Unfortunately... until we foster grouping that is!

gloinz 03-27-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telron (Post 901665)
I would say anyone past 30 is going to get at least a little help. Or they are being extremely anti social : ) I would say my kicker is weather or not a war can solo at all. If that's the case, then yes War = hardest lol. But if with some gheto swords they can solo at least some, then i don't think Rangers, Pals, SKs are leaps n bounds ahead. They just have less med time but with a end result of XP that is near the same.

That said. Any of those compared to a caster = game over without light twinking. Unfortunately... until we foster grouping that is!

Grumpurt the Terrible 03-27-2013 10:52 AM

Looks like the GMs are putting in time where it is necessary, making polls about some arbitrary race class combo.

And they wonder why no one respects them...

Elderan 03-27-2013 11:00 AM

This isn't a topic on who can solo the worst. I would say gnome warrior if that were the case.

The topic was someone coming here with no friends what would be the worst class/race combo. I am assuming at some point this person would make friends and group. So I am using their class and race to determine how fast they can get groups and friends. Sorry but a war or rogue have a MUCH better chance at some point to get groups which will equal friends.

A untwinked ranger might can solo a little better then a war but they have a MUCH worse chance of getting groups which would equal less friends down the road.

Also I was the first 60 Ranger in EQ. I think I know how to play a ranger and qualified to answer the questions based on them. Until vel when rangers get skill increases and some better areas they are just terrible. Even with that said I still loved mine.

HippoNipple 03-27-2013 11:04 AM

Warrior for sure.

I still say Iksar due to the starting location relative to where the majority of players level 1-50, faction problems once they do leave kunark, exp penalty, and lack of available gear. Another reason I like this choice, which may be irrelevant, is because in the end an iksar warrior is much more valuable than a Dark Elf warrior so it isn't just tough for no reason. In Velious Iksar Warriors are good with the new gear available.