Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Let's just try it out for a limited time and see what happens (/forums/showthread.php?t=402785)

Nibblewitz 05-09-2022 02:52 PM

Classically, GMs we’re not in the business of making rules. The game mechanics and agreements between guilds would form the boundaries of play.

Naethyn 05-09-2022 03:03 PM

"Improvements" that require software changes have the least chance of implementation.

Croco 05-09-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibblewitz (Post 3457548)
Classically, GMs we’re not in the business of making rules. The game mechanics and agreements between guilds would form the boundaries of play.

A LOT of servers had gm enforced rotations or gm's moderating the raid scene.

starkind 05-09-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3457572)
A LOT of servers had gm enforced rotations or gm's moderating the raid scene.

Sirken!

-----

Aside (implying nothing about p99) some live GMs where the first EQ kingpins!

So it would be only natural if p99 GMs regulated the raid scene and even had favorites. That's part of the EQ meta. On pvp 2.

Chortles Snortles 05-09-2022 04:30 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Nw39Kcd.gif

starkind 05-09-2022 05:08 PM

https://i.imgur.com/L9PQVGF.jpeg

DMN 05-09-2022 05:11 PM

Let's not. Say we did. Then all agree it was a terrible idea.

Fammaden 05-09-2022 05:58 PM

My server cluster's GM would show up to a dispute and tell raid leaders to /random for first crack at the mob then despawn the fucking thing if anyone gave her shit.

Of course we did "first in force" a sort of gentleman's agreement that the guild with a reasonable kill force there first could have the first engage on the mob. And NToV/city leaders/sleepers were rotated with the top two guilds until one of them decided to wake on the eve of Luclin.

P99 with full raids parked at every raid boss and sub 30 seconds to engage and unpaid volunteer staff and forever timelocked with no future expansions, is a different animal and all. But yeah, GM's would absolutely step in and tell you to fuck off if raid guilds were acting like assholes in my experience.

starkind 05-09-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 3457626)
My server cluster's GM would show up to a dispute and tell raid leaders to /random for first crack at the mob then despawn the fucking thing if anyone gave her shit.

Of course we did "first in force" a sort of gentleman's agreement that the guild with a reasonable kill force there first could have the first engage on the mob. And NToV/city leaders/sleepers were rotated with the top two guilds until one of them decided to wake on the eve of Luclin.

P99 with full raids parked at every raid boss and sub 30 seconds to engage and unpaid volunteer staff and forever timelocked with no future expansions, is a different animal and all. But yeah, GM's would absolutely step in and tell you to fuck off if raid guilds were acting like assholes in my experience.

If the gms did the/random /despawn thing ppl would settle down.

Nibblewitz 05-09-2022 06:57 PM

So some GMs had a hands-off approach and some made their own rules. All of them received a paycheck for their time.