Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Why do people say SK's do more DPS than Paladins? (/forums/showthread.php?t=418859)

Snaggles 08-14-2023 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 3635249)
I would never want a warrior in my group if I could have any other tank in my group

Must be nice to want to group in EQ but also have your pick of so many tank candidates.

Gloomlord 08-15-2023 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 3634689)
I find it funny you started your post with “let’s not get carried away” and then said what I highlighted in red.

Flash of light is 12 mana
Low level stun is 35 mana
Low level root is 30 mana
Lull is 10 mana and works fine in a lot of areas

Playing a paladin *functionally* as a tank is actually pretty inexpensive mana wise. If I’m playing my paladin without clarity or PoTG in a faster tempo group I just roll into efficiency mode and keep my mana floating higher in the 70-85+ range to have some reserve for the “oh shit” moments. And yeah groups without enchanters typically are going to have more med time or spaced out and less complicated pulls. There’s plenty of time to pop a squat here and there to cover those super expensive level 1, 5, and 9 cleric spells.

I mean … let’s not get carried away here :p

Let's not also forget Deepwater Bracer for mana free stun, and Deepwater Vambraces for mana free Soothe.

Snaggles 08-15-2023 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomlord (Post 3635338)
Let's not also forget Deepwater Bracer for mana free stun, and Deepwater Vambraces for mana free Soothe.

It’s ok to pull with but is about as effective as the door that could only hold one person aloat in Titanic.

Cancel magic gloves, arms, helm, BP, legs, all varying degrees of good to great.

enjchanter 08-15-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3635325)
Must be nice to want to group in EQ but also have your pick of so many tank candidates.

I would also never want a group

Toxigen 08-15-2023 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune (Post 3634709)
Although that reminds me, paladin/enchanter is a super fun duo

Indeed. Sleeper strong duo. Arguably faster for pure XP than cleric...just loses tempo once mobs get tougher in the upper 50s.