Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   What class will you roll first on a fresh server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=415263)

greatdane 04-19-2023 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solist (Post 3603241)
Necro fd doesn’t break charm. Good for early farming.

Yeah it does, unless it's different in classic and then changes at some point in the timeline. It certainly does at this point in time on green.

Chewybunny 04-27-2023 05:37 PM

I will say that Iksar Rangers makes a ton of sense.

Enderenter 05-06-2023 12:28 PM

Those of you considering mage... I recommend against it. They leave old bugs in from original EQ that make research broken for pets after level 34. This isn't fixed for several months in the patch timeline, and you can't buy pet spells from a vendor either. So you'll go from level 34-50 with your same pet. Not only that, but even acquiring lower level pets is a huge pain (starting at like level 20 from what I remember). Sure mage is a powerhouse if you have the pet but good luck getting it without putting all of your plat into research, and even then you'll be stuck with the level 34 pet spell all the way to 50.

Chortles Snortles 05-06-2023 12:29 PM

normie larp anon persona

Faxi 05-14-2023 05:49 AM

beastlord

loramin 05-14-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enderenter (Post 3608613)
Those of you considering mage... I recommend against it. They leave old bugs in from original EQ that make research broken for pets after level 34. This isn't fixed for several months in the patch timeline, and you can't buy pet spells from a vendor either. So you'll go from level 34-50 with your same pet. Not only that, but even acquiring lower level pets is a huge pain (starting at like level 20 from what I remember). Sure mage is a powerhouse if you have the pet but good luck getting it without putting all of your plat into research, and even then you'll be stuck with the level 34 pet spell all the way to 50.

This wouldn't be so bad if they'd left other, positive, Mage-related bugs in.

For instance, in classic there was a period when Mage pets used to be able to tank (which was then changed after real tanks complained). However, here on P99 they don't implement that (presumably because it'd be too hard), so the net result is a less-than-classically powerful class.

Absinthium 05-14-2023 07:39 PM

You know, looking at the poll, it's hilariously funny that more (forum) people will refuse to play a green 2.0, than would play my favorite class, lol

Enderenter 05-15-2023 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3610732)
This wouldn't be so bad if they'd left other, positive, Mage-related bugs in.

For instance, in classic there was a period when Mage pets used to be able to tank (which was then changed after real tanks complained). However, here on P99 they don't implement that (presumably because it'd be too hard), so the net result is a less-than-classically powerful class.

Yeah, it's kind of confusing to me why some bugs are left in and others are 'fixed'.

Jimjam 05-15-2023 05:34 PM

Motive, opportunity, means.