Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Merge Green with Blue (/forums/showthread.php?t=395381)

Ooloo 01-13-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xodi (Post 3410845)
I came in nearly at Velious launch (on green, same as blue really lol). Did they not keep similar timelines to classic expansion launches? I thought that was also kind of the point.

No, the original p99 blue server launched in 2009, and the devs had to slowly reverse engineer everything about classic EQ as closely as they could using the titanium client. So kunark was in development for quite a while, then when kunark launched velious was in development for several years.

The green server launched in order to have the expansions release at the same timeframes as they originally did, because now the p99 devs already have all the code they need (for the most part). Blue was kind of a development server.

Swish 01-14-2022 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 3410740)
A fresh server that started in Velious would be the best - permanent legacy item drops - no CSR for PNP

https://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

dude 01-14-2022 08:18 AM

i didnt bring any char's over to green and filled my green with new char's. so i would not like to pick which ones i want to keep. i still play both servers whats the issue with having both? most of my blues are over 50 and i have 1 60 on green with other's in teens.

Ooloo 01-14-2022 10:24 AM

I mean honestly the merge is probably gonna happen as scheduled (so not until next year) and a new green will probably happen as scheduled. I can understand somebody quitting if their preferred server\characters were shut down in favor of a new green, but I don't see why anyone would be strongly opposed to just merging green into blue and starting a new green. Just because more legacy items come in? Blue will get a temporary bump in population. Actually on second thought it would be a pretty long term bump in population.

putrid_plum 01-14-2022 11:49 AM

Should give the option to move your PCs to blue before they wipe it and start fresh again...

Cen 01-17-2022 01:50 AM

this was always the plan

Videri 01-17-2022 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putrid_plum (Post 3411017)
Should give the option to move your PCs to blue before they wipe it and start fresh again...

They will be moved to Blue. That is the "merge" people are talking about which was advertised with the initial announcement of Green99. If it does indeed happen, it will not be optional. :) It will simply happen.

P99 never wipes.