Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Any 40+ unemployed? (/forums/showthread.php?t=412493)

magnetaress 12-31-2022 11:00 PM

I got rejected thousands of times cuz.

Old
Ex military (used those points up at Walmart)
Corporate black list (Walmart)
Over qualified. Over 9000 IQ

And I was willing to take another minimum wage job.

It's not a labor shortage. It's a shortage of the right kind of exploitable plebe x an aging population.

I am a hard worker. Butt I wasn't able to work non stop hauling 50lb 24/7 anymore. I needed the occasional paid/sick day off. Etc. That is like a nogo in the modern service industry.

If you ask me. America needs to burn in a holy radiological fire. ;)

cd288 01-01-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3550712)
I don’t understand how I keep hearing about these labor shortages

Ok, I understand the why, people don’t think they are being paid enough for a particular job

But I still don’t understand the how. How are they making ends meet? Are they freeloading off their family? And when their family eventually dies then what? Complete catastrophe?

The labor shortage isn’t because people are sitting around unemployed. It’s because they are finding better paying jobs elsewhere (sometimes in other industries).

Nibblewitz 01-01-2023 04:45 PM

People still living off their Covid fraud money.

Patrece 01-01-2023 05:37 PM

People are having a hard time finding jobs because the economy is trashed right now

Sadre Spinegnawer 01-01-2023 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3551004)
The labor shortage isn’t because people are sitting around unemployed. It’s because they are finding better paying jobs elsewhere (sometimes in other industries).

But if what you say is true, that means I can't bitch about how everyone sucks and is lazy.

My entire world, sir, everything you see around you, was built by the shaking fist of my bitterness and rancor against others. If you start to suggest that things operate according to impersonal and predictable principles, that leave little room or cause to scapegoat, target, demean, slur, impugn or otherwise call someone else a loser, and that leaves me feeling... afraid.

Because what if I, the wretch, lost in self, am the loser? What if the world is in fact fine, and it is my eye that is darkened? Well, I'm guessing I hook up with Andy McDowell eventually, right? If I work at it.

Encroaching Death 01-01-2023 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer (Post 3551067)
But if what you say is true, that means I can't bitch about how everyone sucks and is lazy.

My entire world, sir, everything you see around you, was built by the shaking fist of my bitterness and rancor against others. If you start to suggest that things operate according to impersonal and predictable principles, that leave little room or cause to scapegoat, target, demean, slur, impugn or otherwise call someone else a loser, and that leaves me feeling... afraid.

Because what if I, the wretch, lost in self, am the loser? What if the world is in fact fine, and it is my eye that is darkened? Well, I'm guessing I hook up with Andy McDowell eventually, right? If I work at it.

I'm sure all those unskilled teenagers are all just stock brokers and paralegals...

Then again, I could be underestimating the popularity of OnlyFans.