Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Best 4 person all caster/priest group (/forums/showthread.php?t=406923)

DeathsSilkyMist 09-02-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomlord (Post 3500514)
Hark at the pot, much?

You keep arguing because you're too childish and cowardly to admit defeat.

Better nukes + really good pet + little upkeep + satisfactory MR debuff = better 4th member.

It's over, DSM. We have the intellectual high ground.

Sadly that is yourself. I have countered all your points, you haven't read my arguments, and you admitted the fourth persons DPS is irrelevent.

cyxthryth 09-02-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3500516)
Sadly

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyxthryth (Post 3497460)
you stopped replying (like a little bitch)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3500497)
Yes, I have

All I can do is re-state the facts in continued effort to attempt to continue the discussion(s) in a civil manner. The ball is in DSM's court.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3498941)
as the data shows

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyxthryth (Post 3497460)
You called me "silly" when you were backed into a corner by my replies to you on the below thread too, and you stopped replying (like a little bitch): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...401629&page=37.

How's it going in that corner you've been backed into?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3498669)
I am maintaining civility in this discussion, and my position is founded on hard evidence. The only insults I throw are thrown in defense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyxthryth (Post 3498732)
No, you have not maintained civility in this discussion.

I have maintained civility in my posts to you - in which I have ONLY stated facts and asked questions - and despite my civility you have (repeatedly) called me a troll, called me silly, accused me of doing/posting things I have not done/posted, and meanwhile have continued to ignore my simple questions and avoided responding to the many facts I've stated. I present both of our posts - from this thread and elsewhere - as evidence of my civility, and you have provided no counterevidence despite me requesting you provide it (multiple times).

Why do you opt out of partaking in a civil discussion with me, and meanwhile claim that you are maintaining civility in this discussion (yet choose to continue to call me names for [seemingly] no reason)?

Why do you feel the need to "defend yourself" from any of the facts I have stated or questions I have asked?

PlsNoBan 09-02-2022 11:02 PM

It hurts DSM's soul that mage does 50% more dps than his shaman using his own data so his defense mechanism is just "dps doesn't matter" while simultaneously arguing that shaman does lots of dps so they must be better than mage. The cognitive dissonance is wild.

DeathsSilkyMist 09-02-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlsNoBan (Post 3500527)
It hurts DSM's soul that mage does 50% more dps than his shaman using his own data so his defense mechanism is just "dps doesn't matter" while simultaneously arguing that shaman does lots of dps so they must be better than mage. The cognitive dissonance is wild.

It doesn't hurt me at all, and you haven't read the data since you think it is 50%:)

The numbers are 25-58%, depending on the situation. The reason why the 58% number is less likely is because the situation in which it happens is pretty unrealistic. Nobody has yet to tell me where this situation would occur at level 60. Basically your group of four level 60s would need to be pulling single mobs non-stop, killing them in 36 seconds each. The group also refuses to let the Shaman go ahead and root/rot. The only two areas I can think of where you would be pulling mobs and killing them in 30 seconds at level 60 would be Sebilis and Spiders in Velks. But in both of those locations the Shaman could go and root/rot so the group can kill more mobs at a time.

I am not sure why you think misquoting my posts is helping your case.

I am pretty sure it is the other way around. You don't like seeing a Mage deal less DPS than you thought.

PlsNoBan 09-02-2022 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3500530)
It doesn't hurt me at all, and you haven't read the data since you think it is 50%:)

I am not sure why you think misquoting my posts is helping your case.

I am pretty sure it is the other way around. You don't like seeing a Mage deal less DPS than you thought.

The initial data you posted had shaman at like 55 and mage at 82. You kept spouting off about how it's "only 27 dps difference and dps doesn't matter when we're talking about mage dps but look how much dps my shaman does cause dps matters. Watch me root rot adds in an xp grp like a retard cause doing dps as a shaman is very important" and when I pointed out the fact that using your own numbers mage is literally 50% more dps than shaman you went and tweaked your data to show something different. Was your data wrong then? Is it wrong now? Did you really think I didn't notice?

DeathsSilkyMist 09-02-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlsNoBan (Post 3500536)
The initial data you posted had shaman at like 55 and mage at 82. You kept spouting off about how it's "only 27 dps difference and dps doesn't matter when we're talking about mage dps but look how much dps my shaman does cause dps matters. Watch me root rot adds in an xp grp like a retard cause doing dps as a shaman is very important" and when I pointed out the fact that using your own numbers mage is literally 50% more dps than shaman you went and tweaked your data to show something different. Was your data wrong then? Is it wrong now? Did you really think I didn't notice?

You missed my edit. And I openly admitted I miscalculated the Damage Shield DPS. Unlike yourself, I can admit when I am wrong.

The numbers are 25-58%, depending on the situation. The reason why the 58% number is less likely is because the situation in which it happens is pretty unrealistic. Nobody has yet to tell me where this situation would occur at level 60. Basically your group of four level 60s would need to be pulling single mobs non-stop, killing them in 36 seconds each. The group also refuses to let the Shaman go ahead and root/rot. The only two areas I can think of where you would be pulling mobs and killing them in 30 seconds at level 60 would be Sebilis and Spiders in Velks. But in both of those locations the Shaman could go and root/rot so the group can kill more mobs at a time.

You are basically trying to force people to only play in the situation where Mages have a bit more DPS.

PlsNoBan 09-02-2022 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3500541)
You missed my edit.

You missed the part where root rotting adds in a group is the dumbest thing anyone has ever heard of and nobody wants any part of it ever and they'll just get a higher dps class to kill single targets faster if dps is a concern. Ya know... Like a mage or something. I hear they do 50% more dps than shamans according to someones data on the forums.

DeathsSilkyMist 09-02-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlsNoBan (Post 3500544)
You missed the part where root rotting adds in a group is the dumbest thing anyone has ever heard of and nobody wants any part of it ever and they'll just get a higher dps class to kill single targets faster if dps is a concern. Ya know... Like a mage or something. I hear they do 50% more dps than shamans according to someones data on the forums.

The only dumb thing I have heard of is a fictional group that cares about DPS, but they won't let their members go and DPS.

You can't have it both ways. If a group cares about DPS, they will let their group members DPS. If they don't care about DPS, they wouldn't pick a Mage. Either way, the Mage loses.

PlsNoBan 09-02-2022 11:41 PM

How about if they care about dps but don't want some idiot root rotting in their group and just want a class that kills the mobs coming into camp? Cause I'd be willing to bet that's just about everybody that has ever or will ever play everquest.

DeathsSilkyMist 09-02-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlsNoBan (Post 3500549)
How about if they care about dps but don't want some idiot root rotting in their group and just want a class that kills the mobs coming into camp? Cause I'd be willing to bet that's just about everybody that has ever or will ever play everquest.

Just because you are too silly to understand the logical fallacy here, doesn't mean everybody else is:)

If you care about DPS, you would let your group members DPS. If you don't care about DPS, or you have enough DPS, you wouldn't pick a Mage.