Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I don't care about politics art thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=415908)

aussenseiter 03-12-2023 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3587704)
yeah for all of that independence bullshit, we basically turned out to be the same nation

No. Biden can't oppress you the same way the UK Prime Minister can.

It's a really common way in the "free world". (citation: Canada and Australia re: Covid)

Trexller 03-12-2023 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussenseiter (Post 3587705)
No. Biden can't oppress you the same way the UK Prime Minister can.

It's a really common way in the "free world". (citation: Canada and Australia re: Covid)

UK PM couldn't oppress me either, they would have to kill me or ship me to australia

aussenseiter 03-12-2023 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3587706)
UK PM couldn't oppress me either, they would have to kill me or ship me to australia

I phrased that poorly I guess. UK and Commonwealth realm leaders can impose on their will on their peoples way harder than any US leader is allowed to.

It's not the same system at all. Invade Canada and liberate Australia.

Trexller 03-12-2023 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussenseiter (Post 3587708)

i suppose i meant we have very similiar homeland problems

but yeah, I am all about invading canada, those maples are way to quiet, way to polite. I don't trust anyone who won't punch me on a whim.

Ryan Reynolds is probably the anti-christ, that guy's entire life is run by a public relations firm. yes many celebrities consult PR firms for their image... but not like ryan reynolds.

it was some youtube video about ryan reynolds and blake lively, where they went on describing that he's been the product of this PR firm since he was 15 years old on some canadian soap opera. and apparently blake lively "auditioned" to be his wife the same way that scientology auditions wives for their high profile members
it's so creepy and weird when you think about the amazing public image he has cultivated, and that its all smoke and mirrors.

Invade Canada!

Swish 03-12-2023 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3587695)
i've also heard tell of this north/south rivalry, i guess like the northern UK people are more hardy, salt of the earth types like we might describe our rednecks?

whats that about

Yeah its a thing. Always has been. There's archival interviews from the late 1950s/early 60s with northerners saying they hate people from the south because x/y/z.

Trexller 03-12-2023 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3587715)
Yeah its a thing. Always has been. There's archival interviews from the late 1950s/early 60s with northerners saying they hate people from the south because x/y/z.

turns out human beings are idiots all over the world :D

Patriam1066 03-12-2023 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussenseiter (Post 3587644)
The Britons in Wales are half-sheep and have been for centuries.

This is rich coming from a Irishman

Potato potato

Patriam1066 03-12-2023 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3587662)
I don't know how forced, Sweden is very liberal and accepting. But if you look at the cultural melting pot of London you might say some parallels are to be drawn if they're not careful... and their population is a fraction of the UKs.

There's a lot of economic motivation to move. I think the UK's minimum wage is 9x Romania average wage as an example (or was at one point). Why not fast track your bankroll, then go back and build your house and live well after 10 years?

The losers are school leavers with bad grades entering the job market. How do you compete with so much unskilled labour looking for work? When you can't find work, what then? In London...there's always drug dealing, robbing and the like if your hand is forced. It's not taxed and you're not on the bottom rung of some dead end job paying rent you can barely afford.

If you have bad grades you’re a loser to begin with

Why would you receive something like an education for free and not maximize it? I don’t understand the ethos behind terrible parents. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and yet it seems like many people revel in being as dumb and fucking parasitic as possible

Patriam1066 03-12-2023 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussenseiter (Post 3587708)
I phrased that poorly I guess. UK and Commonwealth realm leaders can impose on their will on their peoples way harder than any US leader is allowed to.

Ireland skipped the papal middleman and directly invested a “globohobo” with power

I think his name was Leo the Lion

Trexller 03-12-2023 02:04 AM

ppl are lazy and intelligence requires effort