Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   the i dont care about politics anymore thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=379410)

unsunghero 12-17-2021 01:44 PM

Botten 12-17-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3400266)

yeah lol all too true.

Gravydoo II 12-17-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3400262)
Greek Alphabet:
omicron = O
delta = Δ

O
Δ

https://i.imgur.com/P2XPNlQ.png

Nope, thats semaphore alphabet. Thats a N and a D. Its gematric value is 42, too.

Penish 12-17-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravydoo II (Post 3400270)
Nope, thats semaphore alphabet. Thats a N and a D. Its gematric value is 42, too.

lol

Mblake1981 12-17-2021 01:57 PM

Ooloo 12-17-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whale biologist (Post 3400264)
No sympathy for the healthcare logistics argument?

Some number, likely a small number, of healthy-presenting individuals will end up severely sick and hospitalized if they don't vaxx, straining critical care units that already operate at near capacity under normal circumstances. This endangers not just themselves but the at-risk vaxxed.

Who should get the bed? Refusing to choose is a choice.

Well you can speculate about hypotheticals all day. Some number, albeit small, of otherwise healthy-presenting people will get seriously ill as a direct result of the vax. Those people will need to be hospitalized too, and may have only gotten mildly ill from covid itself.

A big problem is that the data is all so young, it's hard to draw any completely concrete conclusions. The initial fears about hospitals being wildly overrun turned out to largely be a false alarm, and that was with the original strain which was, by all accounts, much more likely to result in hospitalization.

So no, for healthy people I think that on balance it doesn't make sense to get vaxed, at least until we have more information.

Knowledge 12-17-2021 02:32 PM

What are the Illuminati up to this week. Advertising vaccines.

Elizondo 12-17-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walfreyydo (Post 3400196)
Perscribed all over the world as an anti-parasite drug for treating parasites.

Not sure if you guys knew: Covid is a virus not a parasite.

just cuz it's prescribed for something else doesn't mean it could potentially have good benefits for another

Covidiots just trashin it cuz they prayin at the altar of Big Pharma

Whale biologist 12-17-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3400281)
Well you can speculate about hypotheticals all day. Some number, albeit small, of otherwise healthy-presenting people will get seriously ill as a direct result of the vax. Those people will need to be hospitalized too, and may have only gotten mildly ill from covid itself.

A big problem is that the data is all so young, it's hard to draw any completely concrete conclusions. The initial fears about hospitals being wildly overrun turned out to largely be a false alarm, and that was with the original strain which was, by all accounts, much more likely to result in hospitalization.

So no, for healthy people I think that on balance it doesn't make sense to get vaxed, at least until we have more information.

I think I get your meaning.

You're saying the risk/reward ratio from vaxxing is lower for apparently healthy individuals than it for the eminently at-risk. So low in fact that it's a greater personal utility to avoid the vaxx than to get it for their sake.

Ultimately, you are not your brothers keeper. :p

Gatordash 12-17-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botten (Post 3400269)
yeah lol all too true.

Nah, CNN is still killing it on the Covid coverage. Although they can't seem to pick an angle to go with. Like their top stories right now are just all these statistics about how Covid is spreading everywhere all over the world no matter what precautions were taken. But then they still have pieces blaming the unvaccinated for all the Covid problems.

These are all currently on the front page of CNN.

Cases rose by more than 50% from last week in Texas, Connecticut and Hawaii. New York alone accounted for 10% of new cases over the past week. New York cases are up nearly 50%. Check your state

The rapid spread of Omicron has broken pandemic records

There's a limit to my sympathy and compassion for the unvaccinated

Why my Covid anxiety is spiking now, all these months later

Omicron battle brings delicate questions for a weary nation