Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Server Return (/forums/showthread.php?t=5594)

Brad_mo123 04-11-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnes (Post 42895)
im sory mate but you sound like a sad cow lost in the wind, get a life mate. there is more to life the playing a game so in the mean time find a god damn hobby , when the server returns all is good . RIGHT???

hahaha

Says the boy who cant even troll properly lol. How can you fail so horribly at something even Finawin is good at... it's beyond me.

Finawin 04-12-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedala (Post 43173)
yep

There will be a place (most likeley NFP like its now) where everybody will meet if global ooc (+auction) is off.

But i didnt want to turn this thread into the next ooc debate :)

Meet, yes...but no one is going to sit there /shouting their shit for hours on end like kids did in 1999. It won't happen.

Shutting off ooc can be done by going into options, filters, and selecting "hide" for out of character. Problem solved.

You can use /shout if you want zonewide chat to keep your vagina from bleeding people.

Sadface 04-12-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finawin (Post 43223)
Meet, yes...but no one is going to sit there /shouting their shit for hours on end like kids did in 1999. It won't happen.

Are you stupid or just trolling ?

What you are saying won't happen is exactly what would happen if global ooc was removed. If you need an item and you don't have time to group/raid, you will just log in your alt and park him in ec auctioning semi afk.

And for the record, I don't lean one way or the other.

Judgement 04-12-2010 01:47 AM

I'd like to know more about what the new host will provide in terms of tangible benefits to the server and its players from the dev(s).

I'd like those benefits presented in the form of a bulleted list in no particular order of importance or emphasis. I think lists like those are really effective, and would get me more excited about what lies ahead for the server than a regular old numbered list.

Or if someone impersonated a dev and made a nice .ppt, and placed a link for download in this thread. I like it when the text slides into frame from the right...that always sends murmers through the boardroom.

calaxa 04-12-2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilo (Post 43184)
I cannot wait for the server to return, i was playing PEQ for a bit...and my god is it lame compared to P99...IMO, even though both are blessings for all. Still p99, i cannot wait to ravish you!! i dont care how rediculous this sounds but i am gunna push for a IB Befallen raid!! jus to get her all warmed up ! /dance :D

Zilo,

I just farmed you SCHW and venomous axe of the brood. Oh well, gave it to aerken to pass on to deeze. I'll still help you out if you wanna come onto peq. You're a crippled ranger....you need all the help you can get ;)

Bones 04-12-2010 07:58 AM

Server-wide /ooc and /auc is a convenience, and as such it will have many supporters.

Quote:

Shutting off ooc can be done by going into options, filters, and selecting "hide" for out of character. Problem solved.

You missed the point. We do not simply want to "shut off ooc". Changing it from server-wide to zone-wide will change the environment of the server itself, and THAT is what people are after.

Quote:

You can use /shout if you want zonewide chat to keep your vagina from bleeding people.

Stop trolling

Budah 04-12-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judgement (Post 43235)
I'd like to know more about what the new host will provide in terms of tangible benefits to the server and its players from the dev(s).

I agree - I am not as computer savvy as I thought I am, or in comparison to the others on this forum, but I would still get excited like a school girl while I wait for friday!

Quote:

I'd like those benefits presented in the form of a bulleted list in no particular order of importance or emphasis. I think lists like those are really effective, and would get me more excited about what lies ahead for the server than a regular old numbered list.
/nod

Quote:

Or if someone impersonated a dev and made a nice .ppt, and placed a link for download in this thread. I like it when the text slides into frame from the right...that always sends murmers through the boardroom.

I LOL'ed! (But everyone knows Fade in is the best... it's like it appears out of nowhere! )

mitic 04-12-2010 08:22 AM

i think the serverwide /ooc was activated on emu due to the low population on each server. doesnt apply to P99 (anymore) so its time to disactive it, same with auction.

Budah 04-12-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitic (Post 43293)
i think the serverwide /ooc was activated on emu due to the low population on each server. doesnt apply to P99 (anymore) so its time to disactive it, same with auction.

I wouldn't mind - but the community would have to find a way to come together in a single location. (IE EC Tunnel). What's weird is back in the day, on Xev server... the selling spot was Kelethin. In retrospec I don't fully understand why, but I did have fun setting up shops in those empty huts. Either way, this should be a thread in itself, and not here derailing the main subject - welcoming back P99 on Friday (You guys were missed... severely!)

mitic 04-12-2010 08:47 AM

another solution would be the activation of bazaar and appropriate druid/wiz ports