Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   FSI is overrated garb (/forums/showthread.php?t=414398)

Jimjam 02-07-2023 11:22 AM

I don’t think this is an argument as much as an exploratory conversation?

Encroaching Death 02-07-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3569474)
I don’t think this is an argument as much as an exploratory conversation?

I tried saying the same thing to my ex-wife but that wouldn't save the marriage

<live studio audience laughter>

Jimjam 02-07-2023 12:45 PM

Okay you got me there.

:D

Snaggles 02-07-2023 01:49 PM

Well, I guess we are coming to the conclusion it rarely happens.
Hasn't made a noticable difference via life or death results.
Hasn't stopped people from saccing non-ogres and rerolling.

11 pages to realize the title of the thread is pretty accurate. Maybe amend to "all racial perks are overrated garb, just play the game".

Naethyn 02-07-2023 01:58 PM

I like getting bashed. It’s part of the tanking experience and it gives me time to think.

Duik 02-08-2023 05:11 AM

You just bashful.

Keebz 02-08-2023 05:38 AM

While I agree FSI is much overrated, people don't value it because it's good when grinding low blues, people value it because it prevents bash stuns during high value situations (e.g. when killing dragons, dungeon bosses, raid mobs, etc.). Those high level mobs stun you a lot more and when you get stunned, it's a lot more precarious. For example, FSI is legitimately useful when you're trying to position and build aggro on a raid mob.

Jimjam 02-08-2023 06:39 AM

Oh yeah, i imagine FSI would be particularly useful in HoT / Wexit where you may have 2 or 3 60 + mobs, a bunch of fatigued DPS players overeager to start fighting but you have to move the mobs around to different places depending on their AoE / flee behaviours.

I've tanked them a lot without FSI and you're going through so many high level bashers per session that it is noticable.

DeathsSilkyMist 02-08-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebz (Post 3570087)
While I agree FSI is much overrated, people don't value it because it's good when grinding low blues, people value it because it prevents bash stuns during high value situations (e.g. when killing dragons, dungeon bosses, raid mobs, etc.). Those high level mobs stun you a lot more and when you get stunned, it's a lot more precarious. For example, FSI is legitimately useful when you're trying to position and build aggro on a raid mob.

Yeah, I think a lot of people who "bash" FSI don't have level 60 characters, or if they do they have some regret about their race.

As I keep saying over and over, FSI is best for 60 Shamans with Torpor. On the tanking side, FSI is better than Regeneration when you are in a group/raid, since Regeneration often times isn't doing much due to you having a healer.

For Shamans without Torpor, or soloing tanks, Regeneration is better.

Ripqozko 02-08-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3570148)
Yeah, I think a lot of people who "bash" FSI don't have level 60 characters, or if they do they have some regret about their race.

As I keep saying over and over, FSI is best for 60 Shamans with Torpor. On the tanking side, FSI is better than Regeneration when you are in a group/raid, since Regeneration often times isn't doing much due to you having a healer.

For Shamans without Torpor, or soloing tanks, Regeneration is better.