Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   All Players are Raid Suspended Until Further Notice (/forums/showthread.php?t=133653)

Autotune 01-03-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autotune (Post 1252999)
So can we throw away all that lock out nonsense and the 2 mob bag limit stuff on repops?

Repop days are about the only truly classic mob racing raiding done. Limiting it to 2 per guild means the same guilds are almost always going to go for the same 2 most valuable targets they can get with the least competition/headache.

Lockouts = rotation.

I wouldn't really give a shit if the entire server did a rotation ( or raid mobs just didn't spawn normally), as long as repops were often and they were FFA.

I can already see alts parked for repops...

blah, I don't even want to raid anymore.

Vyal 01-03-2014 07:19 AM

Variance = it spawns at some retard hour of the day when either people are working or sleeping of course only the zerg guild who plays alot of EQ is going to get it.

Doing away with variance would be the first step in the right direction.
Since it was not classic to begin with...

It worked perfectly fine exactly how I explained it...

20 people in zone to claim a mob
If the force drops below 20 & the next guild has 20 in zone they screenshot it & then claim it...

Since more players now say 35 players to claim a mob.
They can all sit there from the first kill to the second kill or come up with a rotation no guild gets 2 kills in a row on certain mobs either way the next force still needs to keep raid force in zone.
& that won't work with variance.

It's simple, it works we know it does...

There is LOTS of competition that way & guild leaders can come together and figure out rotations if they want & if they don't you can't raid ban the entire server because it will still work - as long as dumb ass variance is removed.

Rupertox 01-03-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyal (Post 1253013)
Variance = it spawns at some retard hour of the day when either people are working or sleeping of course only the zerg guild who plays alot of EQ is going to get it.

Doing away with variance would be the first step in the right direction.
Since it was not classic to begin with...

It worked perfectly fine exactly how I explained it...

If the force drops below 20 & the next guild has 20 in zone they screenshot it & then claim it...

Since more players now say 35 players to claim a mob.
They can all sit there from the first kill to the second kill or come up with a rotation no guild gets 2 kills in a row on certain mobs either way the next force still needs to keep raid force in zone.
& that won't work with variance.

It's simple, it works we know it does...

There is LOTS of competition that way & guild leaders can come together and figure out rotations if they want & if they don't you can't raid ban the entire server because it will still work - as long as dumb ass variance is removed.

Euro ppl doesnt play this or?

Rupertox 01-03-2014 07:41 AM

I mean, while you sleep, is the prime time of other continents, if there is not a variance, all mobs will be in american time, wich would make me leave the Server, and the rest of raiding euro / asian prolly too.

Erasong 01-03-2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 (Post 1252634)
time to buy rust

Vyal 01-03-2014 07:48 AM

I raided with Europa many many many times they are like the second oldest guild on the server so ya I think it would work just fine just as it did years back.

Your just confused because you only know this crap variance stuff....

Amontillado 01-03-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autotune (Post 1252999)
So can we throw away all that lock out nonsense and the 2 mob bag limit stuff on repops?

So, change nothing? Then we would have the same old BS that has been plaguing the server.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f15fc02eb...94spo1_500.gif

Amargura 01-03-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyal (Post 1253013)

I thought gms were doing this to stop the petitionfest, that idea doesn't look like it's gonna stop it.

Vyal 01-03-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amargura (Post 1253023)
I thought gms were doing this to stop the petitionfest, that idea doesn't look like it's gonna stop it.

We never had raid lock outs and all this other stuff.
Never had one guild zerging the server for 2 straight years.
O WAIT! Variance has been in for 2 years right?
Now this shouldn't be so hard....

Rooj 01-03-2014 08:11 AM

What if simulated repops had been in from the very start?