Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Let's face it..The server is awesome (/forums/showthread.php?t=74634)

lawll 05-15-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 645473)

I was up until like 1am last night finishing Kael. I wake up to read one message and it's this. Kanras and I both have been working on Velious for a while now. Do you know what it's like to spend free time working on something, FOR NOTHING?

I don't think anyone would do all this for no reason at all. You must like to program and enjoy remaking an old world. So don't say you are doing this for "NOTHING" when im sure this is a hobby of yours. You knew this server was going to be tons work to keep people playing. No private server in the world runs perfect and the word free always brings the worst of the worst out of the woodwork.

Bardalicious 05-15-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawll (Post 646998)
I don't think anyone would do all this for no reason at all. You must like to program and enjoy remaking an old world. So don't say you are doing this for "NOTHING" when im sure this is a hobby of yours. You knew this server was going to be tons work to keep people playing. No private server in the world runs perfect and the word free always brings the worst of the worst out of the woodwork.

Do you usually take on hobbies that supports the entertainment of hundreds to thousands of other real life human beings? Would you continue to invest countless time and money in supporting said hobby when the peoples only payment to you is consistent steaming piles of bullshit via bickering, crying, complaining about everything you do, conspiracy theorizing at every turn etc?

I'm sure this started as a hobby for nilbog. I'm sure it was pretty rewarding for him and other staff at the start. But it doesn't take a fucking genius to decipher their current attitude towards this community as being at the end of their nerves from putting up with us. This may be a "free" project but it doesn't excuse the community from behaving how we do.

Either play it and enjoy it, offer constructive criticism and legitimate bug reports to make it better, or fucking walk and take your baby-nuts, behind-the-monitor anonymous server/staff bashing with you imo.

nilbog 05-15-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sold (Post 646377)
I said Nilblog and Rogean have understandable moved on, from working on this server. How is it considered a horrible act to say an OPINION in RnF. I now understand everything in RnF has to be fact and will be wiki'd for accuracy, or will be banned.

You used our names to indicate we aren't interested in the server and are profiting in some way from ads. We do not personally profit from the server. In reality, it's expensive to maintain and I hope people choose to donate for that reason.

Quote:

Then there is the GM's that are so full of themselves, that they think because they suck enough of Rogeans cock that somehow are the best judge of what can and should be done for this server. The truth is clear, Rogean and Nilbog don't care about this server anymore. They had a good run with it and now understandably have moved on from it and just enjoy the income from adds and donations.
In your original post, you went out of your way to specifically target the staff and administrators of the server. This goes beyond just your opinion.

At one point I believed the average forum reader would be able to distinguish trolling from reality. I was sadly mistaken. When we are busy with work or real life, we cannot respond to every thread. After even a short absence, I have returned to long-standing forum members being trolled into believing things like this. I don't have a lot of time to read the forums, and when I do, I indiscriminately moderate them with no personal offense intended and without bias.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawll (Post 646998)

This was written with the tone that we gain nothing monetarily for developing or hosting the server. You are correct; it is my hobby and I care a lot about it.

I woke up and read this thread after working hours the previous night on upcoming content. I see someone claiming we don't care about the server, don't work on content, and profit in some way. In actuality, we continue to have the same goals as always.. to provide a home for classic eq while asking for little more than clear bug reports.

lawll 05-15-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 647021)

I woke up and read this thread after working hours the previous night on upcoming content. I see someone claiming we don't care about the server, don't work on content, and profit in some way. In actuality, we continue to have the same goals as always.. to provide a home for classic eq while asking for little more than clear bug reports.

I think people get mad when they don't see status updates of new content and patches. They assume after awhile your not doing anything and wonder if they are waste time. IMO the biggest guild on the server should be putting in a lot more effort into keeping people around and starting server events. Suppose that is asking for way to much tho.

Hitchens 05-15-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawll (Post 647039)
I think people get mad when they don't see status updates of new content and patches. They assume after awhile your not doing anything and wonder if they are waste time.

I think these people have an utterly disgusting sense of entitlement.

Fwank 05-15-2012 04:29 PM

Wow,

You trolls are just down right terrible people. If I was Nilbog I would ban RnF so I wouldn't need to read this trash.

You should be ashamed, your playing on a free server that someone created and put there free time into and you have the nerve to bash it like this?..

Just terrible

Nolanite 05-15-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantel (Post 645389)
This server is awesome, but killing the same old shit gets old. Velious is not even on the horizon yet so we are all bored and keep trying to convince ourselves that we are having fun. Fully upgraded no items left to obtain, so we continue to answer batphones and kill the same old shit for random new apps and or peoples alts. Some like myself decide that its more fun to fuck with people on forums to kill the time. What it comes down to it is we had fun on Live because there was constantly new encounters and it was challenging, and on this server the challenge is finding enough people with no life to wake up at all hours of the night and or no jobs to answer batphones at noon. Then there is the GM's that are so full of themselves, that they think because they suck enough of Rogeans cock that somehow are the best judge of what can and should be done for this server. The truth is clear, Rogean and Nilbog don't care about this server anymore. They had a good run with it and now understandably have moved on from it and just enjoy the income from adds and donations. P99 RIP without new content.

So you're bored because you play this game too much. Go read a fucking book?

lawll 05-15-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchens (Post 647045)
I think these people have an utterly disgusting sense of entitlement.

Well since classic eq was a huge time sink they feel entitled for the time the put into the game. Also if this was seen as a hobbiest server (as it should be) people wouldn't get so pissed off about the servers lack of support. They want this to be a sony owned classic server that has server reboots everyweek, a full staff of GMs, a time line of content that has to be matched, patches to fix and improve current issues and a developer that is very open with the players. It can't and never will happen on any private server so they troll it to shit. It sucks wanting to poopsock EQ all over again likes it 1999 with full gm support but it won't happen ever.

Hitchens 05-15-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawll (Post 647052)
Well since classic eq was a huge time sink they feel entitled for the time the put into the game.

They're wrong.

I personally don't care what the rabble wants. I'm here to just play a game.

nilbog 05-15-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawll (Post 647052)
They want this to be a sony owned classic server that has server reboots everyweek, a full staff of GMs, a time line of content that has to be matched, patches to fix and improve current issues and a developer that is very open with the players. It can't and never will happen on any private server so they troll it to shit. It sucks wanting to poopsock EQ all over again likes it 1999 with full gm support but it won't happen ever.

Maybe Erollisi Marr was different than the rest, but that is not the experience I had in 1999. I had petitions which never got answered, players resolving conflicts in lieu of gm support, absolutely no communication with developers, and reboots which happened out of nowhere, sometimes 5+ times a day.