PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Trakanon's spawn point is incorrect / he should be roaming a bit

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Making a sep thread for this.

More (http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4949)

Trak isn't static. He roams around his lair.

He roamed rather circularly, like an oval around the inside of his lair with an erratic movement here and there.

Use a DApally if ya got one or somone who can survive a few hits to rush trak and pull him to the back of his lair. Everyone else needs to run in right behind him. Make sure people understand not to heal right away until they join up in traks lair otherwise Trak will run out to whoever is healing.

^ Needs to be pulled to the back of his lair. That's where this experienced, classic guild pulled him. I recall EXACTLY the same.

None of this stuff changed between Velious and PoP.

http://sigilsmotel.yuku.com/topic/963#.USq3WldNtRc

he will try to gate at around 30% health, which is why we will be charging at him in his lair

He should spawn right abouts here or VERY close (aka not right in the middle of lair.. must be near wall!). Image from July 2001, towards the end of Velious.
http://www.agonyguild.com/events/july2001/072220011trak3.jpg

Another gateless kill from August before Luclin (there's dat mentioned rock and some corpses too hum!):
http://www.agonyguild.com/events/august2001/081820011trakthumb.jpg

Correct raid strat is to either charge him once he paths here or have someone DA him there, wait for the breath (if it hasn't fired already) the stomp him down fast.

If he is not tanked here or very close to it, he should gate... and evidence suggests mobs go for a gate at 30%, fight for a bit again if they survive then flee or flee immediately after gate if brought within flee range.

His aggro range appears to be correct and should be quite large (like other raid mobs: Inny in particular I remember being nutso aggro range).

:cool:

Bonus: Tolumpaj should be buffing Trak. Hard to get close enough to observe (esp now), doesn't stay alive for long, just want to confirm! Will make him interesting on a repop day :).

Source (http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjonze/guides/kunark/sebilis/trakanon.htm)

Dispell him at the start of the fight, he is buffed by Topalumj and much more dangerous then he is without those buffs.

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
WTB Ele/Treats, either, preferably both

Classic council assemble

Ambrotos
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
He does move around. I have also seen Tola buff Trak and the Protector.

The only question is his spawn point. Don't get too stuck on the gating thing since A)he dies very quickly and goes right to walking mode b) He does gate C) People kill him in his area of his spawn point.

I am almost going to say it is working some what on P99 since I have seen him gate, and other NPCs. I had even killed caster NPCs down to gate health percent in a short area near their spawn point, and they didn't gate. I moved further away and they did.

The gate radius and spawn point is the question. This is the information we need along with his spawn point with hard information not remembering 13 years after the fact.

Dullah
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1314029819767.png

SamwiseRed
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
someone please tell me the font used in classic :(

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 03:28 PM
K good he roams about (he's dead within seconds, sorry I asked for someone to confirm!). Good, done. However, fixing his spawn point may require his roaming path to be adjusted.

He should spawn near his wall given those screens, I believe that is answered. Gate radius? Look at those kills, fly in there GM invis. and measure it approx. Should be about the range. Killing in center of lair should cause this (must be pulled deep to back wall!), near the bottle neck currently does appear to correctly cause a gate from the youtube, pras classic.

I've found data stating mobs gate at 30% HP, and they'd certainly try to gate once before fleeing. I don't see anything gating here until the flee marker, which I believe is incorrect, and have posted a quote from a raid guide substantiating that %, matching my memory.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1314029819767.png

^ that's you looking at those classic screenies

Autotune
02-25-2013, 03:38 PM
just a fyi, while reading these threads and why they waited or pulled him to that part of his lair it seemed to be because it was "safe" from aggroing the other mobs after someone DA trained them away so people could rush in and kill him.

While they do mention not pulling him far away from his spawn, they don't make a mention to killing him in that spot because it is his spawn.

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Advising a small guild to pull Trakanon is kind of mean because he gates if pulled too far from his spawnpoint

(Peep images)

Placing Trak with DA is only needed when he is not at the backside of his lair

(images)

Classic Trak slappin' me 5 on the back side. Those images are from a classic kill, the monkly business post unrelated to them confirms.

Autotune
02-25-2013, 03:51 PM
(Peep images)

(images)

Classic Trak slappin' me 5 on the back side. Those images are from a classic kill, the monkly business post unrelated to them confirms.

read the comments and everything from the links you posted.

That spot could have not been his spawn point and simply a spot that was safe from pathers and within range of his spawn where he wouldn't gate.

both what you say and what I say are equally plausible.

They could easily not pull trakanon and engage him anywhere on his path in his lair. (advising them to "not pull"). However, they suggest pulling him to that part of his lair because it is "safe" from juggs/pathers.

Autotune
02-25-2013, 03:53 PM
If you wish...Tolapumj and all his friends can be pulled when trak wanders to the "back" of his lair from the far wall with lev. (BRING A NECRO USE DMF) If ya don't your loose cannon on the raid will likely get aggro and bring them along on the trak rush.

I once had the pally run up and start attacking Tolapumj on a Trak raid..*sigh* anyway..

Whittled fishbone darts.. or fishbone darts, or even a happy dragon firework will give you good range to do this. Not sure if forged javelins will give ya the range ya need for it, but they are worth a shot if ya cant find the others.

Make sure you can't see his full wing when you go to pull jumpy this will mean that he has wandered back into the safe spot of the cave. You wanna just see the Tip or dont pull. It can take a long while for him to move from this spot so have the raid pull golems or something to keep them entertained until he moves.

Inch along the wall untill you are within range of the closest golem with jumpy. Hit sneak .. toss range item. You should get aggro on 3 of them at least, Tolapumj may aggro at 60 I can't remember atm but thats ok. Wait a little for them to path down the path or into the water at which time you can run back to your raid.

Don't feign death and stand back up. If they path the wrong way you will get some very ugly assist agro. If you want to loose a couple of them then run a few to the raid then FD and lay there untill you think the others have had sufficient time to wander back to spawn point or you get the memwhipe message. Normally i just bring them all to the raid. You can run out of time quick if ya dont watch it.

I used to usually put my raid back behind the wall in the cave just incase Trak aggroes. He will attack anyone line of site so make sure EVERYONE stays back in the cave or they will chain aggro trak down to the raid.

The other golems and the protector can be pulled down the path on the left side if you wait behind the rock near traks den and use proximity aggro when they wander CLOSE.. it just takes a little patience.

There ya go Trak single.

Set raid up on the path past bridge.

Use a DApally if ya got one or somone who can survive a few hits to rush trak and pull him to the back of his lair. Everyone else needs to run in right behind him. Make sure people understand not to heal right away until they join up in traks lair otherwise Trak will run out to whoever is healing.

I usually run in right ahead of the pally and hope to take a banish and save a non FD class the trip to shroomville but thats up to you and depends on if you can survive it. You want to get Trak facing to the back of his cave and then have the rest of the raid force attack him from behind immediately after.

Good luck.

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20020211083016im_/http://www.everlore.com/files2/BST_71818_134514.jpg

hm!

I think the good Dr. is right so far.

Autotune
02-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Trakanon is a level 65 dragon with about 32,000 hp. His breath does 1,200 damage of poison resistance, so I recommend at least enough gear to withstand a SV of 80 unbuffed. In addition he very rarely does a lifetap of 1,500. I ask only adventurers of the 50th level join us. I will make exceptions as low as 49 IF each person who is 49 has at least 100 sv of poison unbuffed. In addition to Trakanon's abilities, he will try to gate at around 30% health, which is why we will be charging at him in his lair, FD pulling every creature around him. Every 30 seconds as well the person on top of his aggro list will get summoned to a mushroom pit Because of the poisonous breath Trakanon has, a necromancer is required for the task. With the power of dead man floating we will not need to breath in the fumes, giving us a better chance of winning. To conclude, I will need at least one healer per group, minimum of 3 groups so 3 healers, a monk or a good FD puller, two tanks at least 60+ (I qualify as one), another class who has resist poison since DMF stacks with it, and an enchanter (for buffs and running). In addition, every 30 seconds as well the person on top of his aggro list will get summoned to a mushroom pit so at least one magician will be required. I am not too familiar with getting into Trakanon's lair as well so I will need a guide. Master Beldhyr Jogues has volunteered for that task, but if he is not around I will need someone else to aid me. (More details on Trakanon and drops can be found at Trakanon.)

Not this just says they will charge him in his lair, nothing about positioning him at his spawn point.

Not sure how reliable this is, considering he wasn't sure how to get to the raid he was giving advice on how to beat.

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 03:58 PM
That above link is regarding a 30% gate, which I recall mobs trying, fighting a bit more THEN fleeing. Adds up.

Autotune
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
That above link is regarding a 30% gate, which I recall mobs trying, fighting a bit more THEN fleeing. Adds up.

You would think, considering he mentions the gating at 30%, there would be something about positioning him in the proper spot to avoid him gating in his lair.

They don't.

Autotune
02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
The only thing they mention to why they kill Trak in the back of the lair at the "safe" spot is due to roamers and pulling tola (Trak assists Tola?). Other than that, they make not mention of it being his spawn point.

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Blood of the Spider kill, same spot... not a coincidence

http://web.archive.org/web/20021216221901im_/http://drow.org/eq/misc/trak41fight.jpg

diplo
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
i dont understand the purpose of his gate, if he's going to gate at the exact same spot unless he fully regens to 100%

Autotune
02-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Blood of the Spider kill, same spot... not a coincidence

http://web.archive.org/web/20021216221901im_/http://drow.org/eq/misc/trak41fight.jpg

Still more evidence to suggest they kill him there to avoid aggroing adds.

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Look at the 60s in full poison taking their whuppins too :P. That dot may have done more per tick or something... How are they THAT low or (some above) dead..

Anywho on topic, that should be his spawn, along that back wall. Many raid kill shots in the same spot confirm this.

I hate you suggesting back wall to avoid adds right now :P.

Autotune
02-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Look at the 60s in full poison taking their whuppins too :P. That dot may have done more per tick or something... How are they THAT low or (some above) dead..

Anywho on topic, that should be his spawn, along that back wall. Many raid kill shots in the same spot confirm this.

I hate you suggesting back wall to avoid adds right now :P.

I'm just saying what I've read in what you linked lol. I just picked the opposite side of what you're going for to see you actually find something definite as to why that should be his spawn point.

For the record, it doesn't matter to me if it is or isn't his spawn point. AKA, if it is, and you can prove it with something definitive, I'll award you kudos.

Dullah
02-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Anyone that actually did trak more than, I dunno - once, knows you kill him in the back of his lair unless you want adds. And I love the assumption they are in "full poison gear" because casters threw on green silken drapes.

Alas, so much conjecture, so little data.

Ele
02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Alas, so much conjecture, so little data.

Treats
02-26-2013, 01:41 AM
All you need is a video of him gating from live, that will show his spawn point.

Nirgon
02-26-2013, 01:43 AM
All those screen shots are conjecture :/

The Agony guys are a raid guild near end of Velious. Give me a break sir.

Video from live Trak during this era, very doubtful it exists let alone one of him gating.

From the middle of his lair to that spot and the middle of his lair to the back wall... how much of a difference...

nilbog
04-16-2013, 11:33 AM
All you need is a video of him gating from live, that will show his spawn point.

Agree with this. He already paths, so need something concrete before changing it.

koros
04-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Don't have/not gonna spend the time to look for evidence of this. But for what it's worth I recall Trak gating on us during Kunark a few times and us wiping because he regenned enough HP and got an extra AE or two off. Afterwards when we killed in the back of his lair, gate was never an issue.