06-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Out of the following, what are the pros and cons of duo-ing with a druid

- Mage
- Shaman
- Enchanter

Thanks in advance

Daywolf
06-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Hmmm… well I prefer 2 Drui, but if only from the list, Enc would be my pick. Mainly for populated areas where you may pull more than one. Enc there for control and mana buffs. Con, if only hunting singles, not as effective as 2 Drui's imo.

YendorLootmonkey
06-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Hmmm… well I prefer 2 Drui, but if only from the list, Enc would be my pick. Mainly for populated areas where you may pull more than one. Enc there for control and mana buffs. Con, if only hunting singles, not as effective as 2 Drui's imo.

If you're using a druid, chances are you're hunting outdoors, in which case you are casting harmony to avoid pulling more than one. Plus you can charm animals if need be... so I'm not sure you would need an enchanter.

I would go with Mage... between the druid snaring and flame lick to theoretically retain kite aggro, the Mage pet can follow along meleeing the mob while the mage casts nukes. Or, the druid can dot/nuke while the earth pet roots/tanks and the mage nukes.

Daywolf
06-17-2010, 08:44 PM
If you're using a druid, chances are you're hunting outdoors, in which case you are casting harmony to avoid pulling more than one. Plus you can charm animals if need be... so I'm not sure you would need an enchanter.
Nah, I don't use charm animals, I stack dots go pure offensive, and go into dungeons etc. Hunt giants a lot as well. On like grand, my main 2 box (yes can't do that here) are/were Drui's, worked the best. Also would rotate in my Enc in some spots, anything high population mob's regardless of outdoors or not. Speaking of high level of course, anything else is relative. Mind buff is key of course, but 2 Drui's it's not as much an issue, if you can root it you can kill it.

Alawen Everywhere
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
On live, enchanters duoed extremely well with druids. On Project 1999, you don't need the druid unless someone wakes up and fixes charm.

The question really is whether anyone else wants to duo with a druid. Any other class has a superior option for partner than druid except I guess another druid. Everyone else just begs a port and a sow.

Edit: Even better--use the druid to powerlevel two good characters.

Daywolf
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Edit: Even better--use the druid to powerlevel two good characters.
True about brokage, but still good to go, red cons fall easy, even in places like KC (still to come here). Never underestimate party evaq in dungeons either. Dots add and heals help. But it's better for either solo or groups in the end, apart from drui duo's as dots stack quite well and root can alternate on the break always keeping the mob locked down. I've had no probs on the emu's with the Drui class.

tsonka
06-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Necro / druid duo

guineapig
06-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Enchanter - Druid.

Best combo in game.

Ossigor
06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Mage

Mage+anything = you sit there while fire pet kills everything. Hands down, pair a mage with anyone and they'll faster than any other comp just because the craziness that is magi

Thorjorkill
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Mage, hands down. Supreme assrapage, pair those insane pets with buffs, damage shields, ect. paired with a level 50 nuke that does only 18 points less than a wizzies biggest nuke = ownage.

How do you plan on duo'ing?

Yoite
06-18-2010, 12:30 PM
i like druid and enc. you get clarity and double charm if you dare

guineapig
06-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Mage offers practically zero utility.

Enchanter combined with druid grants you access to nearly every ability in the game (besides rez, FD and summon corpse).

Also a charmed pet does way more DPS than a mage pet.