PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Kelethin lifts

BarackObooma
06-17-2010, 06:10 PM
I cannot get any of the lifts to come down on any of my characters. Have heard from people that they also have issues but can usually get it to come down after 3-4 attempts. I can do it 50x on each one and nothing. I believe my spell files and everything are up to date.

Am I missing something here?

Mournblade
06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Same thing for me. I had to wait for someone else to run up and get the lift eventually. I could never make it work.

doacleric
06-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Are you guys running Titanium client? Are you clicking on the activation lever and physically see it go up/down when you click on it? Do you have problems opening other doors?

Gnada
06-17-2010, 11:00 PM
This happened to me as well. I am running the Titanium Client and have no other problems in game with doors etc currently. Just the lifts (as of a few days ago).

MiRo2
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
I run titanium client. I can get it to work every time. On first click, it goes from down to up, wait 1-2 seconds, second click it goes from up to down, wait 1-2 seconds, third click it goes from down to up and lift comes down to ground floor, fourth click goes from up to down, and lift goes up to city.

BarackObooma
06-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes I am running Titanium Client. I see the thing you click on go up and down but the lift itself never moves. Not having problems with any other doors.

Mournblade
06-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Are you guys running Titanium client? Are you clicking on the activation lever and physically see it go up/down when you click on it? Do you have problems opening other doors?

Yes, i'm running titanium, and I do see the button/lever go up and down when i click. No problem with any other door so far.

Qaedain
06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Doacleric:

The lever goes up and down, but it must be clicked several times to activate the lifts for Kelethin. The wisdom to "keep spamming until it works" is announced regularly in GFay's OOC.

astarothel
06-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Usually just once or twice for me...

dither
06-18-2010, 01:27 AM
its not just these levers either, the ones in permafrost are the same way at times.

Uaellaen
06-18-2010, 02:03 AM
yeah i seen the lifts not working because there are several people standin on the ramp downstairs and upstairs, all simultanously clicking, negating each others clicks up to a point where (i think) there are so many clicks in queue, it takes a few seconds that the lift even reacts to clicks anymore ... if they stop clicking for a few seconds, the lift starts to work fine again OR if you double click the lift instead of the lever, it starts to move again too

greenshag1979
06-18-2010, 07:03 PM
yeah i seen the lifts not working because there are several people standin on the ramp downstairs and upstairs, all simultanously clicking, negating each others clicks up to a point where (i think) there are so many clicks in queue, it takes a few seconds that the lift even reacts to clicks anymore ... if they stop clicking for a few seconds, the lift starts to work fine again OR if you double click the lift instead of the lever, it starts to move again too

Yes this can screw the lifts, but what the rest of the posters are saying is that it happens when when no one else is around.

I have experienced this a lot as I tend to play on the server's off hours. There were a few times there was only me and a few people in zone and no one was around me (can track players with tracking distance) and I couldn't get the lift to work for about 5 minutes of trying every combination of click, hold, wait 5 secs, etc.

Zephys
06-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Confirming lifts as acting funny. Takes a good 3+ clicks each time I'm at it to get it to move. My characters make the joke of "You have to jiggle it a little" when other people are having trouble too.

doacleric
06-19-2010, 02:53 PM
I personally have experienced the "need to click 2-3 times" to get it to work, and its best to wait a second between each click. Honestly not sure why that happens, but thats the way it is. I wouldn't spam click it though.

Cyrius
06-19-2010, 04:52 PM
I have been called to fix those lifts a couple times already. The last 2 times i just flew up to the lift, and double clicked the lift (not the buttons) and it started moving again. If you want to see if that works for you too, would be great so we can narrow down this problem.

maximum
08-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I noticed something on the POD Lift today in GFay... Joslyln Greenblade shot up and down in the air when I hit the lever to go down. When the lift reached the bottom, she fell about 50 feet (back to her hut).

Hope this helps.

Also: the lever for the drawbridge in Nagafen's Lair seems to be buggy, too.