PDA

View Full Version : Bard questrions

malanstan
02-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I remember being a kid when everquest launched. My brother played a necro in classic eq and I would watch him for hours at a time. One day he let me make a character, a bard was my choice. Ofcorse i never completed him... i mean, if you know a 10 year old who has a level capped character in any mmo then you need to report their parents to the CPA. anywho on to business-

1) I remember hearing a story once that bards could "perma mez" back in classic.. meaning the mez spells were songs that continuously looped for bards. The case was this bard mezzed an extreamly high level in a zone and used it to kill the zone. (is that do-able here?)

and

2) on to a more fun question, can bards AE kite here?? i miss doing that. swarm kiting just isnt the same.

Duckforceone
02-21-2013, 06:30 AM
you can ae kite yourself to lvl 50 easily.. and really really fast... your hell levels are just minor speed bumps..

and swarm kiting does not work here anyways... :D

you can also charm your way to high levels

sanforce
02-25-2013, 02:55 AM
Kinda false Duckforce. I solo and duo aoe kited myself from 5 to 55. It's fast, really fast.

falkun
02-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Bards cannot charm anything higher than L51, and it lasts 12-18 seconds when it does land, so bards aren't going to be doing any "super zone pwnage" with charm. You also can't haste your pet like an enchanter can. Now enchanters+dictate+sirran is another story.

Bards can PBAoE DoT kite EXTREMELY effectively on this server, you just have to get used to the slightly-larger-than-classic hitboxes on this server, and you're golden.

Swarm (charm+group) kiting does not work on this server due to non-classic aggro mechanics on this server.

sanforce
02-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Swarm (charm+group) kiting does not work on this server due to non-classic aggro mechanics on this server.

True - it has gotten better tho. Now you just have to train the mobs back over your charmed mob to re-initiate agro. Works, but it is not ideal due to bard charm duration.