PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Monday, February 18th, 2013

Rogean
02-18-2013, 07:17 AM
This patch contains optional new files. You can optain the latest EQChanges V27 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv27.zip) from the setup guide, or via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

Kanras: Fixed the spacing issue between player surnames and guild tags.
Nilbog: Corrected Fungi Tunic snaring issue.
Nilbog: (Fixed) Incarnadine Breastplate may now be clicked from inventory. (Nerfed a few months into Velious)
Nilbog: Baking vendors should sell water flasks again.
Sundawg: Corrected faction rewards for Hurrieta's Tunic quest.

Duckforceone
02-18-2013, 07:32 AM
fast patch... guess alot of people hope for respawns again... :D

also, if i were high enough level to use it, i would thank you for it... :D

Purplefluffybunny
02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
What about the changes to the alleged exp modifier on red? Everyone I have spoken to in game has commented that they are noticing a huge reduction in exp gains post patch. Given that this is such a huge impact on the game, could you at least pass comment on it please.

Justown
02-18-2013, 10:48 AM
agree with this guy ^ . Whats up with the XP?

SamwiseRed
02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
we need xp bonus to make up for constant battle with players. xp loss sucks already but without xp bonus to make up for it zerg guilds can literally de level the entire server should they choose to.

aborted
02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
xp bonus returned please

mostbitter
02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Fungi robe no longer has Fungal Regrowth after this patch on red

nilbog
02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Fungi robe no longer has Fungal Regrowth after this patch on red

Hm. Months ago the Fungi Robe was changed to have regen, but implementation required a server patch and the effect set to persist until epics. With db patch, and now epics, it lasted like 1 day. :T

SamwiseRed
02-18-2013, 01:04 PM
nilbog plz my lord review my thread

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=854839#post854839

if red is not going to have an xp bonus please make our server more classic

btw i love the name plate change lets get more classic

Tippett
02-18-2013, 01:08 PM
really need a response about the exp situation on red, I mean if something this huge happened on blue there would be 50 threads about and it would probably be ninja patched back in or at least mentioned jeez

Tippett
02-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Also with the exp loss being 4-5% post level 55 you do realize 1 pvp death will be equal to about an hour of more of grinding on a low population server where groups are rarer then fungis

Tomatoking
02-18-2013, 01:37 PM
arent you guys tired of begging them to fix stuff thats wrong?

why bother , they obviousley dont care. Either play

or dont

Tippett
02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
bump why no response on exp

Justown
02-18-2013, 03:15 PM
^truth

Nune
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Also with the exp loss being 4-5% post level 55 you do realize 1 pvp death will be equal to about an hour of more of grinding on a low population server where groups are rarer then fungis

When Red launched, it had around 600 people. I played starting at minute one. Over time, I watched the same core group of people grief, exploit, and corpse camp that did it on every other EQEmu PvP server I've played on. I think the results were pretty responsive. Took a month for population to peak at 200-250. Granted, EQ PvP is rough and many people just QQ back to Blue, but my point is this.

We guys were given this big awesome server that the devs were shoulder deep into making work, and then shit all over the people who came to enjoy it too. Now you're back to the same 120 people who were here before Kunark, and you all sit around and bitch at nilbog about how broke everything is. If you feel as though Red, or Red's players, aren't a priority in the GMs eyes perhaps you should reflect internally, because that server is long past a means to get new players to stick around and the handful of you that are there haven't made life for the staff very easy.

Tippett
02-18-2013, 03:34 PM
ur post makes no sense

can we get exp fix now plz pop was almost 200 but now no one wants to level while exp is broken

Nune
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
my learning disability makes forumquest hard

tl;dr

stop being a bunch of faggots. The patch updated the entire R/B99 server experience to be more classic and youre spamming about xp bonuses.

Etorryn
02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
I started playing about a month ago fresh on red99. I was on when Nilbog suggested taking away ooc after the recent patch. I would be ok without having an XP bonus if the server population was around 600. Currently even with /ooc finding a group can be rare. If I do find a group, most the time I have to travel 45 minutes. I don't have 6-7 hours strait to play everynight (more like 3-5). If I could /ooc in a zone filled with people around my level, than it might be a differn't story. I understand it's not "classic", but 150 people on at peak isn't "classic" either.

Purplefluffybunny
02-18-2013, 04:50 PM
[...] that server is long past a means to get new players to stick around and the handful of you that are there haven't made life for the staff very easy.

I disagree. There are ways to increase and maintain a healthy server population. However, I agree that the behavior of certain people is one of the major reasons why the server population, has been as low as it has been.

Tippett
02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
because someone was mean to nune we cant have exp bonus or ask devs to comment on it got it

Nune
02-18-2013, 05:31 PM
I disagree. There are ways to increase and maintain a healthy server population. However, I agree that the behavior of certain people is one of the major reasons why the server population, has been as low as it has been.

The point isnt that devs shouldnt get their xp bonus or whatever back in, more so that there are people /wristing about a feature that isnt even classic being gone and the playerbase does little to warrant effort towards them.

You want xp bonus so you can level -> gear -> PvP and/or Raid

the same way

Blue wants an xp bonus so they can level -> gear -> raid / hold down torch 1.

Cept Blue has numbers, so not having a bonus is offset by lots of groups being avaliable at all levels (for the most part, 20-40 is slim pickins less you want to xp in 1 of 2 spots). Red pissed their numbers away, so they're only left wth the xp bonus so that killing light blues for 5 hours is actually meaningful xp. Just seems like Red created it's own problem, and have 1 lifeline to mitigate it (a lifeline thats, again, not classic, more a favor by the GMs who implemented it in hopes to bring people in and keep the people who are there happy, which in turn is ruined by said bad apples)

Tippett
02-18-2013, 06:11 PM
yeah its the players fault that the server had insane fucking lag the first weak and guard assist/resist not working for months

oh yeah and they killed other players how dare they

you are retarded dude

Tippett
02-18-2013, 06:21 PM
http://1.hidemyass.com/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vb2k0NS50aW55cGljLmNvbS9vazBvd24uanBn

http://underthebutton.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/gravestone-1.jpeg

Nuggets
02-18-2013, 06:28 PM
why cant i log in now?

sifuthc
02-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Where do I put the files ?

SamwiseRed
02-18-2013, 08:14 PM
in your eq folder

Nune
02-19-2013, 01:47 AM
yeah its the players fault that the server had insane fucking lag the first weak and guard assist/resist not working for months

oh yeah and they killed other players how dare they

you are retarded dude

im sure lag for a week and resists being "broke" while 0 people had gear with resists on it was why the server lost it's population base. Week and weak aren't the same word btw, I'm retarded though.

Infectious
02-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Red has an exp bonus to off set for the fact that when you die in pvp, you loose exp. Blue would need a bonus for what reason? Red has an exp bonus to help the population with people coming to red. Blue has a population already. People are mostly mad cause the servers population doubled and now the bonus is gone. These couple FACTS, are why people want the bonus back. I could care less about a bonus. But if we need a bonus to get this server going and keeping a healthy 200+ every night Im all for it. Gms should think about maybe letting the bonus stay in for a month or two of a 200+ population. Get a solid crew of people invested time wise in the game and then cut it out. All in all. I just want this server to have a healthy population so we have more then one option raid wise.

Hugmukk
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Be happy with what you have, quit crying.

Sirken
02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
bonuses are bonuses because they are temporary.

if it was the statuesque, then it would not be an xp "bonus"

bonuses come and go, and the pop no longer maxes out at 45 people. you can argue that the people only showed up for the xp bonus, but i could argue that the bonus was in when the pop maxed at 45 peoople.

Lazortag
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
bonuses are bonuses because they are temporary.

if it was the statuesque, then it would not be an xp "bonus"

bonuses come and go, and the pop no longer maxes out at 45 people. you can argue that the people only showed up for the xp bonus, but i could argue that the bonus was in when the pop maxed at 45 peoople.

The only classic pvp server that had exp loss on pvp deaths also had an exp bonus. So maybe the wise thing to do is to remove the exp loss?

Sirken
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
The only classic pvp server that had exp loss on pvp deaths also had an exp bonus. So maybe the wise thing to do is to remove the exp loss?

maybe i agree ;)

SamwiseRed
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
true but then can we remove xp loss on pvp death. not classic feature. on sz xp loss on pvp death was made up by the xp bonus. without it you are really killing any chance of pvp thrive.

Sirken
02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
true but then can we remove xp loss on pvp death. not classic feature. on sz xp loss on pvp death was made up by the xp bonus. without it you are really killing any chance of pvp thrive.

i said it in a different thread, but i agree it should be replaced with a different death penalty

SamwiseRed
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
i think spawning oom and naked is a pretty good penalty i mean, what are you gonna do punch someone to death?

Infectious
02-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Spawn with rez effects (0 mana, 40% health and snare effects). Make it last 5 mins. You need risk/reward to pvp or you have people just acting stupid by bind rushing. I think the exp bonus with exp loss is a good trade, but this isnt my playground. But to have exp loss on pvp with no bonus is gona have anybody coming to server at a disadvantage and current people scared to pvp. If you die you can spend 2 hours getting that exp back...

Lazortag
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
i said it in a different thread, but i agree it should be replaced with a different death penalty

My suggestion would be to remove the exp penalty, and brainstorm about different penalties afterwards. It makes no sense to hold off on removing exp loss until some better penalty is thought of, since that could take a very long time, and in the meantime players will still be feeling the effects of exp loss without a bonus to compensate.

heartbrand
02-19-2013, 04:14 PM

This is what frustrates the player base, here you are a GM stating that the EXP Bonus is intentional but yet:

[Sun Feb 17 15:36:54 2013] nilbog says out of character, 'Exp bonus is being investigated. Might need to wait on Rogean to see what multiplier was set at before patch.'

[Sun Feb 17 16:03:30 2013] nilbog says out of character, 'Not intentional. Waiting on Rogean to find out what previous multiplier was'

and then we have Lord Nilbog of Project 1999 saying it's not intentional.

aborted
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
things were looking very good on red 99 pvp was constantly happening at higher lvls and the grind was bareable for casual players that have kids and jobs (i was like 13 when i played eq live and i had all the time in the world to lvl up a character) now not so much time. i have a feeling alot of people my age playing are in the same boat and the people saying we need to stop crying are those with the same resposibilitiea they had at 13. The server was really feeling like live so long ago with people in every zone.

Nirgon
02-19-2013, 06:26 PM
You're making the wrong argument.

"I can't play as much so it should be faster" isn't the way to go.

Zones are empty, xping is horrid, population is top heavy is the way to go with your complaint. Or address xp loss on death.

Either way, Nilbog says waiting on Rogean.

Clearrain
02-19-2013, 06:40 PM
[Sun Feb 17 15:36:54 2013] nilbog says out of character, 'Exp bonus is being investigated. Might need to wait on Rogean to see what multiplier was set at before patch.'

[Sun Feb 17 16:03:30 2013] nilbog says out of character, 'Not intentional. Waiting on Rogean to find out what previous multiplier was'

Ok, cool. I am not uninstalling, I did not want to play anymore CS.

Clearrain
02-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Also not being able to find a group was never classic.

Nirgon
02-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Not being able to find a group happened.

All of the zones being empty... nosomuch. Agree. You know the point I'm making :P.

Clearrain
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Not being able to find a group happened.

All of the zones being empty... nosomuch. Agree. You know the point I'm making :P.

true, I apologize.

Slave
02-25-2013, 02:48 AM
HOW ABOUT THE RAID CHANGES ON BLUE THAT WERE PROMISED 6 MONTHS AGO?!

elbeebui
03-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Please Help! I have always had someone else enter the changes for me. I still do not know what to do and/or how to correctly enter and save the up dates. Would/Could someone please e- mail me simple ABC directions and steps, so I can (finally) enter and properly save the up dates for EQ? it is embarrassing to always ask for someone else to do it for me. I hae tried in the past, and--- all I do is screw everything up. I really enjoy playing the game and want to continue. in advance for your consideration and Help! Elbeebui @aol.com

Swish
05-04-2013, 11:00 AM
bump to keep the latest patch at the top of the patch notes list.

Thulack
05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Bumping for newbies.

gotrocks
06-23-2013, 05:45 PM
bump since this is most recent patch and it seems like the tech boards get the "where r spell files" question at least 10 times a week.

its not like the link is literally everywhere or anything

sleepr66
06-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the bump, for the record they are not everwhere and unless you know where to find em...you cant. Couldn't even find info on what was the latest download, was searching everywhere for V26
Now next noob question, where do I put these files, straight into the eq directory?
Thanks again.

sleepr66
06-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Nevermind got it, thanks again guys.

gotrocks
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
bumping for noobs.

any chance we could just sticky the latest patch, admins? i know it seems like it should be obvious to people coming here because of the dates on the patches, but there's been enough people asking about it that I think a simple sticky will go a long way.

just my two cents

gotrocks
06-27-2013, 11:39 PM
bump for noobs again.

not possible to get this stickied...?